Is it possible to date without sex?

I recently got divorced, and back in the dating game. I'm not opposed to sex...but it doesn't' even seem possible to date without it being expected really quick! I'm not trying to sleep with every guy I'm interested in...but I don't want to be a total bitch either. What's the best way to go about putting it off, without totally turning the guy off?

Most Helpful Guy

• If the guy espects sex in advance of getting to know you first, then you should move on and start dating a guy who can hold a conversation without having sex in the sentence, because most guys would be happy to wait, unless all they are after is a date that they believe is easy and full of dessert, so your right not to want sex within the first 3 weeks at least, because there's no way a guy can get to know you enough to warrant him saying, fancy staying over tonight, and the initial first step should be you asking him to either come in for coffee or offer him a night cap, and see how things go, but really, if he is into you, he really will wait until your ready, because you show interest by dating the guy, not by having sex as soon as possible, this just starts a whole new ball game,x

What Guys Said 2

• I lack experience in your area, since I have never married/divorced, nor am I over 30, but what I can offer is this: Since you are just getting to know somebody for the first time, it is important to let them know exactly how you feel and what your expectations are, most women keep thoughts to themselves rather than sharing them with their man, and I think this is a big flaw. The more you let him know about how you feel and think about certain things, then he will feel more comfortable with you for your honesty and it may even make him more attracted to you.

Your question is asking specifically about having sex while dating. Well, if you don't feel too comfortable about it, then let your date know that you are not too comfortable about having sex until you get to know them better. Best case scenario, they will admire you for it and stick around, or worse, they will act annoyed, shocked and leave, but at least it will weed out the bad ones. Hope I was of any assistance. Good luck!

• Yes, it's possible. Usually in countries where Christianity has flourished.

What Girls Said 1

• I've dated men without sleeping with them... I am 21 and still a virgin! Waiting for Mr. Right and seriously, not sleeping with a guy shows you who the ones are that only want to get into your pants and who the true gentlemen are.

Its kinda hard for me to find someone my age who isn't all horny and just wanting to get laid.