Ever notice how there are tons of black women on every dating site?

This is merely an observation. I never really paid attention to this - well kind of...but it seems strange to me. Like, can anyone explain this?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a disproportionate number of single black women for a few reasons:

- fewer black women then white women are married.

- 4% of black men in the u.s. are in jail. If you focused on men in their 20's, it would be much higher.

- black male - white female relationships are much more common then black female - non black male relationships.

You add it all up, and there are lot of single black women. For what its worth, they are not the most frequently single group (that would be Asian males).

My guess is the black women online would fall in to two categories - black women who care about race and are looking for 'good black men' (and you see similar things with for example dating sites aimed at jewish singles) or black women who are open to dating non black men and find there's more opportunity online.

For the latter group, I hope they have great success. I'm firmly a believer that plenty of non-black men are interested in dating black women, and that the (low) rate this has happened is primarily due to cultural misunderstanding rather then lack of interest.

What Girls Said 12

• What do you mean there are tons of black women on dating sites? I can as well say that there are tons of white women on dating sites, or Asian women on dating sites. I think your attention is on black women and so they are what you thus notice more than any other race, making it seem like there are lots of them...

• Well I'm not sure about women but I have noticed there is a larger population of non-white men on dating sites, the biggest majority being black men. Though it surely differs from area to area and age groups probably play a factor too. Or it could be the sheer fact that in America in particular there are so many differing nationalities and millions of mixed people. I think I read somewhere that white people who aren't mixed at all are no longer the majority, so it would stand to reason they wouldn't be on a dating site as well. It's not a good or bad thing and I didn't think it has anything to do with black culture ei saying good black men are hard to find or black women don't want black guys. Besides the fact everyone is entitled to have a preference color doesn't usually dictate who that person might fall in love with.

So I guess as an observation you're probably right there are more non-white chicks on dating sites. But it's only because there are more non-white chicks in general

• Like, does it really matter which, like, race people are?

• There are also tons of white males, and white females and...- wait a minute! It's starting to sound like a dating site is a social network =O! Dear god they are! Next question...

• i think there is a ton of Caucasian women too? I have no idea what you even mean

• Of course there are. This is America. But according to some random searches I made, there were a lot of black women on there.

• Of course there are lots of black people, this is America.

• It becomes more than that when they outnumber other races.

• I've never used an online dating site and I've never ventured onto their websites, but it could be that black women are often insistent on finding a good black man as opposed to a good man of any race

• I've never noticed because I'm a black woman who's never even been on a dating site lol

• nope not really! who is counting? And I don't even use dating sites.

• Idk I'm black and don't use dating sites. Maybe it's something you're searching for.

Also, many female profiles are fake bots, so there is a chance that half those profiles aren't even real.

I think it's weird how non black people seem to have all these observations about us, like damn are we on your mind that much? It almost seems as if you're trying to subtly insult black women

And lol @ the loser black guys crying because he got rejected by black girls. No girl wants some emotional ass cry baby

And another lol @ the black girls rushing to defend black men whenever someone says something negative about them.it just looks dumb if the guys aren't defending your honor in return, ladies.

• What a waste of a question.

• I've had no opportunity to observe this, but assuming there's some truth in it I can think of a few explanations.

Perhaps black women as a whole find that internet dating is more acceptable within their cultural norms. I have observed that as a whole, black women seem more assertive in their approach to life and in pursuing their personal goals. In other cultures women might be more concerned about negative social connotations of online dating.

Many of the black women I have known have expressed to me their desire to date within their race, and their dismay to find that many black men do not feel the same way. I would suppose this might create a situation where supply outweighs demand and so black women seek to widen the pool.

Oddly enough I think the opposite scenario may account for some of this phenomenon, too. Of those black women I know who would prefer to date inter-racially, many have expressed that they feel themselves to have been more frequently rejected by men of other races due to cultural or other issues. I'm unsure whether this has a basis in reality or whether this is merely a misconception, but I can imagine this may too cause black women to seek to widen the pool or potential dates.

• Why would you ask this? You are just provoking the trolls and racist.

• It's just an observation.

• LOL wow , If you don't see it, then I won't argue it. BTW, your example doesn't help. You don't think its wrong, cool. What's done is done so lets just leave it alone. K.thanks.

• LOL. Whatever.

What Guys Said 19

• Moloch, kudos to you.

I've made the same observation and found that there is a disproportionate amount of black females on social/dating sites relative to the overall population. I first noticed when I was on Twitter and the top trend tweeters were 90% black. Even on GAG I was surprised to find out how many female posters were black.

Sure I'll get downvoted and be called racist (for what reason? No clue.) but I am genuinely curious as to why this is. I can come up with explanations for just about anything, but not this. Maybe the internet serves as a big megaphone to voice opinions? That hardly makes sense but that's as close as I can get.

• I am sick and tired of the knee-jerk "you must be racist" responses.

• Are you seriously kidding me? Twitter is a majorly popular social network of which almost everyone is in. Secondly, it isn't limited to just North America; people from ALL OVER THE GLOBE use Twitter. I'm very sure you'd find about the same proportion of other races using social networks too -_-, black people are not limited to just America, just so you know

• If black females make up roughly 7% of the US population and 50% of top trending tweeters, there is a disproportionate number of black females "making their opinion known" on a social platform. That's an observation of reality.

If you have a problem, go tell them to stop. I don't see what the problem is. This is only an observation. You're the one getting butthurt for an insecurity that has nothing to do with the question.

• Never done online dating but to entertain your question I check plenty of fish which was like half black girls, match.com which was all white girls, and eharmony (wtf that is the longest questioner in the world and they don't show you photos unless you fork over the mula). All I know about the eharmony girls is they matched me up with an attorney, a law student with a previous doctorate degree, a pharmacist, and a nurse.

• You find any good come out of it?

• Like I said, I've never done online dating... I just wanted to check you race observation. From what I saw it seemed to vary from site to site in my location.

• I don't really notice it.

• i guess its hard to find a black guy who is actually wanting a relationship, no offense! Its just in this age its a lot harder to find a black male who will be loyal to his family.

• That's a stereotype that is not necessarily true though. It depends on where those disloyal black males are from. Yes I agree that most men/people from the hood/poor areas (not just black males, although blacks are relatively the largest population in the hood) tend to be disloyal, but that's because of their upbringing and their environment, not because of their skin color.

• False. My African American father is extremely loyal and an amazing provider. He just bought me a 2011 car in June, a smart T.V. for Christmas, and an Iphone as a Congrats gift among a ton of other impeccable financial and emotional support <3

• It's not false, he said it's hard to find a loyal black male...he didn't say that all black men are disloyal...Honestly my father abandoned my family, and I only rarely find any black men worth talking too.

• I never really noticed that, but I do remember seeing a news story one day that was talking about there being quite a lot os single black women in America these days. So maybe there is some correlation there

• It depends on where you live I would think.

• Nah, I thought so too, but I randomized the zip codes and got the same results.

• Try 95405. We have hardly any black people in the area.

• F*** most black women. The hardest to date if you can even get that far. I'm black and I've never been treated bad by a women till I ran into black women.

• It's weird when black women put black men down and when black men put black women down. Neither are considered a prize or desirable to any other races, generally speaking...

• *sigh* I'm sick and tired of people using the experience of ONE person or a few people to shape the image/ behavior of ALL who have the physical characteristic of that ONE or few persons, be it race or gender, or looks.

• Yea black people. Always on the bottom.

• I have NOT noticed. So next question, thanks.

• no not white guys hahahah I go on it all see is pale assses ha ha :) I look for white with at-lest a tan.. I can't stand pale skin hahahah

• I would be more interested in were they are from. It's probably anyone from around there. Culture.

• Not really but I notice there are a ton of non-white women on the internet period that say they prefer a white guy, and I think it's lulzy.

• There have been some awful questions this weekend and this one rivals all of them

• Cuz there are a lot of human beings in the world?

• By the way EVERYONE is racist. To what degree depends on the person. It also does not matter what group you support.

• This is merely an observation.

You are a racist.

You must be because anytime anyone bring up the subject, it automatically makes said person a racist.

• Lol, I have black friends. Nice try though.

• We're not talking about sports. You cannot hate black people and still enjoy Baraka's work. His stuff is all about race.

• I would say that being married to a black woman doesn't prove you're not a racist, but it sure does more than posting a picture of a black guy as your avatar does.

• There is also a lot of obese, "Princess" and butterface women on dating sites too.

Real world dating is better.

• I don't know, but you're right.

• Black guys have their noses firmly planted up white, female ass. Not surprised they go to dating sites.

• Your premise is on the assumption that black women only go for black men, which is not true at all.

• hahaha...no.

• hahaha...yeah. Again, not sure how you can say otherwise. Perhaps you should go out and do a survey or something. Just because you and a friend or two of yours are like that, it does not mean that most are. It's clear that that's not true.

• I noticed that many profiles of women in general on dating sites are fake, regardless of race. They do this to sucker in guys to keep paying their monthly dues.

• Hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy