Is it right that I broke it off with the girl who I had fallen for?

Me and this girl had seen each other all summer and we both fell very head over heels for another. I had never felt the way I did for her for any other girl. When summer ended I had to go away to school and we put things on hold, but still kept in touch. When I came home from school I thought we could pick up where things left off. So I took her on an amazing Christmas date because I wanted to show her how much she means to me. We had an amazing dinner which I gave her a heart necklace, roses and chanel perfume also went ice skating and went on a horse and carriage ride. At the end of the date she told me it was the most amazing date she had ever been on, but she wanted to take things slow. I agreed because I was in no rush to be in a relationship and she was definitely worth the wait. After that date though things have gotten real weird. I didn't see her for three weeks after that date I would call her to hang out but every time she was either to busy or with her friends. One night she was supposed to go a birthday party with me, but blew me off at the last minute to be with her friends. A week later at the bar she saw me and pulled me over to the side and asked me if I was mad at her. I told her straight up I very much am I gave you my heart and you broke it. I feel like you are taking me for granted. After I said that she grabbed me and started making out with me and I stopped her and told her what are you doing. She asked me if we could get back together and I said you have a lot to prove to me before that happens and she agreed. The next morning she called me and said to me she was a little drunk last night and that she doesn't no what she wants. So told her I care about you and I have never gave my heart to someone before you, but I can't do this anymore. You broke my heart, hurt me and I can't be with somebody who doesn't no what she wants and is not sure she wants to be with me. Lastly I told her its time for me to move on and I deserve someone who actually appreciates me and wants to be with me. After I hung up the phone it was weird but I felt so much better. In my heart and in my gut it felt like I had done the right thing. So I'm wondering from people with experience in a situation like this do you think I did the right thing.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, you did the right thing and you deserve better women who actually appreciates you and wants to be with you.