Dating more than one person, do you tell?

If you are talking to or seeing more than one guy, is it proper dating etiquette to tell the party involved?

Guys would you want to know? Is it important that you know?

Girls, what do you think? Have you been in this type of situation? What did you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's perfectly fine to date more than one guy in the beginning while you figure things out. I don't assume they are exclusive to me at this point either. When it becomes a little more serious (gone on a few dates), I personally like to make a decision between them so as not to ruin something potentially good. I don't think you have any obligation to bring it up until it starts getting more serious and the topic arises. If he is assuming it's exclusive, that might be a good time to let him know otherwise.

I have been in this situation before. I went on 2 dates with each of them, and when one asked me on a third, I politely let him know that I was getting more serious with someone else. He wasn't very happy, even though he was a bit of a playboy himself, but I was honest and didn't string him along. He was simply wrong to assume that he'd be the only one dating other people.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, of course. You don't want them to be wasting their time pursuing you and clinging to false hopes. They also have a life and wants to be respected for the time and effort that they are pouring in to you. Though it's a sign of rejection, we can now move on to other girl who will be willing to date us exclusively.

• If nobody has suggested that you are exclusive, it shouldn't be assumed.

If one person seems to be acting as though they are exclusive, when they are not, it would be good etiquette to make it clear.

• When you say dating, are you also sleeping with one or more of these people?

• I've been in this situation. If you have not had the talk about being exclusive, then it should not be assumed.

The decent thing to do is tell them you're seeing someone else, so they know where they stand.

They can either up their game, and try to win you from the other person and make your relationship exclusive, or they can enjoy the open nature of the relationship, or they can decide to just end things.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know if it's right or wrong. I just know that I don't feel right doing it. And I would be kinda sad if I found out a guy I was dating was doing it. I think it's a little unfair.

I like to focus on one guy at a time.