How do you start fresh?

Personally I've been out of what was a consistent dating loop due to work related issues, although it's complicated as I still think it'd have been possible to date during that time.

Now I'm back and I'm literally starting fresh, I haven't really spoken to any girls over the last 6 months and have just come back to my home town where a lot of people I knew have since moved on. So I don't really know where to start as far as trying to find a potential date goes. I'm tempted to join a few clubs if I can fit it around work just to interact with new people, otherwise I have to try and approach girls randomly which I'm personally horrendous at due to poor self confidence.

But how do you personally go about starting fresh after being out of the dating loop? and do you have any tips that work for you?

Thanks if you take the time to read all of this and answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• First thing - don't go girl hunting. The air of desperation is strong and it drives girls away, even if they'd normally be interested. When guys have that feel of 'PLEASE, GO OUT WITH ME.' it really makes a girl wonder why everyone else has turned you down. There's OBVIOUSLY something wrong with you. Which, of course, isn't true. You're just out of the loop.

Finding social groups to join is an awesome plan. Honestly, if you really want to hit a gold mine of 'girls only', try for things like a painting or pottery class. Something more on the artsy side that you'll honestly enjoy, but that largely has a more female demographic.

Don't ask girls out on the first day. Sit back, get to know them, and just be social. Every girl is not the one for you, but you never know when she might just become that friend who introduces you to her hot cousin.

What Girls Said 3

• I'd say you should join a club like you said, or volunteer at some places. You are bound to meet new people there :)

• i guess just choose on whatever means that is more convenient to you.. sorry don't know much about dating

• do something new, change your style, find a new hobby, keep it fresh;)

What Guys Said 1

• Well my first question to you would be, are you looking for friends, flings or forever. That's the first thing you need to decide before you go on. Keep in mind that people tend to flock to places they have common ground on. You need to think about your personal interests. Obviously you don't want to go to the club scene if your socially awkward and don't like to dance. If you have all of those answers and you know exactly what your looking for and what your interests are, your job is much easier. Common ground is the first objective to meeting new people. If you don't like country, don't want to go to a mud hole and have never hunted or fished, chances are you won't have a lot to talk about to a country girl. By knowing who you are and what you want, you will know what you want in someone else and thus, know where to find them. Once you find them, again its about common ground and avoiding awkward conversations. I guess the point to my ramble is this: know your interests, your goals, and your dislikes and look for places that match that. If your staying true to yourself, finding someone you can talk to is easy.