What's wrong with our generation?

I'm talking about dating/relationships. For most men, we mistreat girls, use them and lose them, only want sex and basically act immature (I'm none of the above, though apparently there's no value in a guy's word anymore). For most women, they play us, only go for the cocky, tough-guy types, whine about not finding a good guy and act flaky and immature. It makes me glad (sometimes) I'm single with no kids. And some people wonder why marriages nowadays don't last forever like they used to.

I guess I go for the wrong type of women, personally. The ones I go for either stop all contact or end up flaking out on dates and such. I just don't get it...

Most Helpful Girl

• What's wrong with our generation?

Likely self-entitlement, narcissism, high expectations, lack of accountability, maturity regression, and much more.

I'm also happy to be single without kids though single in the sense of not in a relationship rather than not dating. I think most guys are only interested in gals sexually and can't even offer satisfying a gal sexually as well as they have quite high expectations on youth and beauty.

I sort of get it as in my opinion:

- guys mistreat gals because they want to though they'll hamster wheel rationalize that 'he - doesn't want to he's just doing what works' yeah because calling gals b*tches/c*nts/ when you were a 'nice guy' showed absolutely no desire to mistreat gals LMFAO

- guys use and lose gals because most only want to interact with gals sexually

- guys only want sex because most only value gals based on beauty and youth

- guys aren't acting immature they are immature

- gals play guys because they can no different than guys play gals because they can

- gals go for the cocky tough guys then whine about not finding a good guy because they want a **** tough guy who is a good guy no different than guys go for hot young gals then whine about how gals only want money because they want a hot young gal that doesn't desire wealth

- gals aren't acting flaky and immature they are flaky and immature

What Girls Said 5

• This country is losing more & more of its values with every younger generation. For some reason they are just not being passed down from parents like they used to.

Guys have always used girls for sex since the dawn of time. And girls have always gone for the tough-guy type because it's a sign of an alpha male (which we all know from the animal world, they are preferred in mating/reproduction - typically). Unfortunately, a lot of females don't rise up beyond their biological programming and use their heads to determine that despite his tough-guy manner, the guy is an a$$.

But I believe that as time goes on, the percentage of user guys and flaky girls is growing and growing. Maybe it's just a thing here in America, I don't know. Wish I could live in other countries for a while and experience different cultures to see how it is elsewhere.

What it all boils down to is self-respect. Knowing how to fully respect yourself is key to finding a happy, healthy relationship with a happy, healthy, secure individual. The more crap you tolerate & put up with, the less you're respecting yourself. The more crap you dish out on someone else, the less you respect them and yourself as well.

• While I would agree with almost everything you said, this is not at all the reason why marriages don't last as long anymore. The reason for that is a big shift in society for once women being financially independent and hence actually able to divorce and also just that divorce has only been socially acceptable very recently

• don't forget that women have huge financial incentives to divorce + 70% of divorce's are initiated by women for being bored + most divorces happen when the woman reaches her sexual peak.

just a few things to think about.

• I would not agree reasoning. It may be that after divorce women are financially better off than men (not sure of that though) but generally both are worse of than before.

There is no scientifical evidence that women even have sexual peak. Men's hormones indicates it's in their late teen/early 20s, there is no such thing for women

• I was having this exact conversation with a friend the other day. I don't know what went wrong with our generation, it's completely screwed up. 99% of them are incapable of acting like adults, telling the truth, or realising that you can't just get something for nothing simply because you want it.

• THIS! 5*

• I know right! I love this topic, I think its going to get much worse before it gets better.

• I know right...there is no hope for the furure

What Guys Said 9

• You don't get it because you're part of the problem... the "complain and whine" generation... which isn't a group of people of a certain age, but a group of immature people who haven't yet learned how to learn.

If you want a woman who will commit to you for eternity after the first date then you're living in a dream world. It takes time to get to know someone new and it's completely understandable that most new relationships don't evolve into something more. Thinking otherwise and being attached to some unrealistic outcome is a path to endless suffering and pain.

If you want to attract and KEEP a woman of high morals, who is always open and honest and playful and cute and reliable and smart and have healthy relationships with her family... then YOU have to be the kind of guy she would be attracted to.

If you're only attracting women who panic and run when they get to know you then perhaps you need to spend some time doing some deep introspection. Have perspective.

What do YOU have to give? That's where you will find your answers and purpose. The more mature and solid you are as a man the more women you will naturally attract and keep.

~ Robby

• AS you said, most of them are only interested in guys financially these days, and most of us don't 'qualify' financially, so they lose interest right away.

Some of the minority culture women are healthier; start getting to know them.

• If they were raised in this country, they are no different from white women.

• Not etirely true, although of course some of them start actig like te others right away...but a lot of them resist goig ito that behavior mode!

• It's the work of Mother Nature - as we are getting more and more closer to finding a cure of AIDS, she needs some other ways how to control the population and to keep it in check, which in recent centuries has hyper-expanded, so what's better than making men and women hating each other?

• oh I would love to respond to this but 3000 characters is simply not enough.

• You basically covered it.

• It can boil down to a few things. America is a country of daddy issues. No matterwhat people tell you, a father is very helpful to children both male and female. Fathers teach confidence and self respect to children. Girls are not taught respect for themselves and guys never have their dad around so they become distant as they grow up.

Media talks about instant sex and promiscuous lifestyles. Virgins are laughed at. It is up toyou to find women who see beyond that all.

• The entire US society is about "me, me, me", it's all about rights and no responsibilities, and instantaneous gratification. Shit, in school kids don't even get any bad grades cause you know, it would hurt their poor feelings.

It's a recipe to produce self-centered a**holes with no brains. The US used to be the land of opportunities, the land where people work hard and rip the benefit of their hard work. No more. Nowadays it's CEOs who f*** up companies and leave with millions of dollars in reward, and it's all legal! It's a society which rewards the lazy ass that files for divorce by giving her/him the money from the hard working person. It's a society where capital gain is taxed much less than regular work.

It's a society getting dumber year after year, bickering and suing each other over ridiculous things, shouting or shooting match at every opportunity, just turn your TV on. People are screaming or shooting at each other on all channels.

Even the most heinous crime doesn't phase people anymore. You get the most atrocious shooting where young kids get shot, and the only response you get is people worrying that their right to own assault rifles is going to be taken away.

Your question is just a subset of that whole pile of sh*t. You take the most beautiful garden, one that has been taken care off for years and looks amazing. Then you stop taking care of it. Within no time it turns to crap. The US is turning to crap and it's sad.

• Women don't need men financially any longer due to being supported by the State, or by their own careers. When women no longer need the average man, they tend to ignore and disrespect him and chase the **** of alpha a**holes instead. A woman can go on a date with a schlub that's willing to pay, then text up her douch f***buddy and bang him separately. Simply put, when women aren't given financial incentives to treat men nicely (because they have too much of their own money) they'll use men left and right. Men are just reacting to that situation and trying to get laid/find relationships. The easiest way to do that in a culture full of raunchy women is to treat them poorly. Sad, but it works. You can't complain once you get the success. That's where I'm at, but it also depresses me.

• Women have always gone the guys who are confident enough to joke with them, flirt with them, and fool around with them.

Call them cocky tough guy types if you like - it won't change a thing.