Dating while waiting

I really like this girl. We have known each other for 5 months. She knows I am interested in her and she keeps saying that she does want to go out with me. But so far she won't commit to actually going on a date. I feel that she is playing games.

Some people suggest going on dates with other girls while waiting for her to come around, rather than putting my life on hold for her. I am seriously considering it, but I don't feel right about it. If I start dating some other girls, would it be wrong to kiss them even though I really want this one girl? I mean a "real" kiss, not just a kiss on the cheek or forehead. If those other dates end up in having sex, would that be wrong since I really want that one girl?

I can already see some girls giving the "Well, if you were serious about her, you wouldn't be thinking of going out with other girls" speech. But guys would say that if a girl was really serious about someone, she wouldn't be putting him through these waiting games.

Suppose I decide to start dating other girls but I still like the one girl. Is it OK to make out and have sex with other dates if you are still interested in that one person? I don't want to seem like a player or someone who sleeps around.
To those who suggest that dating other girls might make me more desirable to the girl I really want, do I tell her I am dating other girls? Do I tell her about my dates with others?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude, you may want to have something with her but I see nothing wrong with dating and trying your luck elsewhere. Who knows... you might find someone special who'll make you forget about girl number one and who is actually into you for a change. Imagine that!

Also, don't allow women to pressure you to only date one person especially when neither she or you are willing to start a relationship.

How to notice when a girl is not interested in you: She denies your advances any advances and makes the just friends speach or is directly rude to you.

How to notice when she is playing hard to get to keep your interest in her: She accepts your dates but on her time table... so if you ask her out for tomorrow she may say no but then tells you that she has time on Friday night. You find yourself calling and texting her but SHE RESPONDS to your calls and texts. She is warm one minute cold the next and she is cold whenever you behave badly towards her.

How to notice that she is an emotionally clingy girl: She constantly calls you, demands you to date only her, thinks that she is entitled to princess treatment and a relationship with you because she likes you but doesn't really care if you respect her.

What Girls Said 2

• Have you asked her why she won't commit to an actual date? I mean if you both like each other Judy be upfront and ask. At least then you will know where you stand

• If after 5 months, she won't even commit to a date, I see nothing wrong with dating other people. Although I do find guys who have sex with women they don't like very much to be "low brow" and I'd judge anyone for that, whether there was another girl in the picture or not.

• Re: Update, making out is one thing, but having sex with other girls to bide your time while you still want the other girl is a guy that sleeps around. I'd be very turned off.

What Guys Said 5

• The first girl has had her chance with you. You're a confident good guy that has a lot going for himself...you don't wait for anyone! You understand? Her words might tell you she's 85% interested in you, but her actions say she's got 10% interest in you. Bottom line her actions dude! Delete her number and move on to women with much higher interest level.

• @ update. You're killing me. Maybe I was unclear...YOU NO LONGER HAVE A CHANCE WITH THE FIRST GIRL! Merely talking to her anymore is a WASTE of your time. Snap out of it!

• Date other girls, don't waste your time waiting! Are you totally sure she is waiting to date other guys? She does not reciprocate the feeling of dating you anytime soon. I would die if I didn't get laid in 5 months! That is way to long, don't you think?

• If she wanted to go out with you then she would go out with you. She's loving the fact that this nice guy (you) is waiting around for her. Date other girls. Maybe you'll attract her through jealousy, but I'd say forget about her.

• I was also asking how far I can go when dating other girls, if I am still interested in the one. If you were dating around but still had your heart set on another girl, would it be OK to make out or sleep with the other dates?

• If you're dating then I see nothing wrong with it. I'd advise against getting in a new relationship if you are waiting on one girl.

• Go for it, amigo.

• I went through a similar situation. I chased a girl for 10 months (and I won't let her live it down lol). My friends all said the same thing and in the end I did go for other girls in between. I'm sure our situation was different from yours so I'll spare you the details but in the end we got together and we still are, 3 years later.

So if you ask me, no, you wouldn't be wrong. If this girl never comes around you'll feel like an idiot. If you do finally get her and it doesn't last, you'll feel like you wasted your time. Besides, there's always the possibility that it might make you more desirable to her. So I say go for it if you're comfortable with it. If guilt or something is gonna eat at you months later than I wouldn't bother