Should I hold out, or call him?

I have been seeing a guy for 6 months. We are not boyfriend/girlfriend, but we are not seeing other people. He lives in my hometown, and I go to college 400 miles away. We have probably spent a total of 2.5-3 months with each other out of the 6.

He hasn't called me for a few days. It's Thursday, and on Monday he texted me in the morning and said he would call me after work, and I haven't heard from him. This isn't the first time this has happened, and usually I just give in and call or text him after a few days because I miss talking to him, but do you think I should hold out and make him call me (which has sometimes happened also)? Part of me is tired of being the person who always puts out the effort to stay in touch, but part of me just wants to talk to him...I don't know what I should do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry, guys tend to be impatient during the "silent treatment period". I'm sure he will initiate the contact because he will miss you too, and how quiet his world is without you. Just hold out.

What Guys Said 1

• Just make sure that he is not under the impression that you WANT to be the one who always initates contact. He may for some odd reason be under that impression.

What Girls Said 2

• Hold out, he'll text u

• Don't call or text him. Let him do that. Simple as that.