Boyfriend acts completely disinterested in talking to me

My boyfriend lives about 300 miles away. We've been together for almost a year and we try to see each other about once every other weekend. When he's here, everything is great.

But when he's away.. he's distant and acts disinterested in talking to me. Neither of us are big on texting or talking on the phone. Especially him. He's terrible to try to carry a conversation with over the phone. We didn't even text when we first started dating. When we first started dating, he only lived about five minutes away, and we'd just go see each other if we felt like talking.

Is this a big deal? It makes me nervous. I feel like since this is the only way we can talk to each other, he should make more of an effort.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should talk to him about it, in a non-confrontational and non-judgemental way... in other words in a way so that hopefully he doesn't have an erratic reaction (get angry and shout etc.).

You should just talk to him and see what he says, see if he has anything to tell you (whether it be a confession of something he's done wrong, a confession that he's not infatuated with you anymore, or maybe a confession that there is something wrong with him/that he's somewhat unhappy with life in general at the moment).

You shouldn't suggest anything to him, so much as you should just talk to him about this and see what he says. That's what I think.

What Guys Said 2

• It's a big deal. Sometimes, absence makes the heart wander. How bout you minimize texting/calling him and start video calling him via Skype? That way, even though he's away, he can see you and it will keep your passions aflame.

Long distance relationships is a big deal. It's usually the main perpetrator in the most break up of couples.

• 300 miles--that's about 3 hours and 45 minutes, right? Yeah, My grandparents live in Dayton, Ohio and I live in Cleveland, Ohio. I make that trip about 3 or so times a year, it's a pain, isn't it? haha

Good luck with that type of relationship. I tried to hold on with a girl who was just north of Dayton, in a county called Morrow (which is actually where one of the earlier (1800's) presidents is from) and well we just didn't work out, so like I said...good luck

What Girls Said 0