How people love to text but as soon you try to setup a time to hangout they bail.

How come whenever I get a new persons phone number I can text back and forth a ton and they will always respond back. As soon as I decide to try to make a time to hangout with them in person is when they will ignore me and I won't hear from them again. I've tried it both ways. Texting a bunch to try to get to know them a little bit beforehand and also trying to hangout with them almost immediately. Both have the same results. Any ideas? I'll even do all the work and come up with a place to go to.

Most Helpful Guy

• People often like to flirt online, but clearly, it's asking for a real commitment when you want to actually meet them.

It's easy to have many online friends, but time might be a problem with meeting face-to-face. And, they might already have a real life boyfriend or girlfriend, and while ithat may not a problem with chatting, it is, of course, a problem with actually hanging out with you.

One explanation is that so many of them do not resemble their profiles, and they are embarrassed to actually meet anyone they chat with. They do'nt want to have you find out they've been blowing smoke with their descriptions of themselves.

What Girls Said 3

• If you're are always the one to text first,chances are they aren't true friends :/

• They just want attention..

• It's easy to text and kill some time

But hanging out means more effort and they just don't like you enough to do that

What Guys Said 1

• because you can say whatever the f*** you want in a text and altar the context if you make a mistake, or whatever

also, the conversation flows to fast in person. a one hr text convo could take 2 minutes if spoken

• Plus I can fap and text at the same time. Can't masterbait while actually talking to someone