26 with mild OCD and never kissed

I don't drink or eat after others, not even family. I frequently wash my hands or apply hand sanitizer. That's how I've been since I was very young. When it comes to kissing, it isn't my cup of tea: you keep you spit in your mouth and I'll do likewise. It hasn't been until recently, however, that I've actually had any desire to kiss someone. Not strong, but desire no less. Can anyone relate?

I just realized I put this in "Break-Up" FAIL! Anyhow, thanks for the responses.

Most Helpful Girl

• Awe... I was a completely germaphobic before I ever kissed a boyfriends and it took years to get over it in steps... My first boyfriend waited 8 months to make out/ kiss lol and I made him brush his teeth first (we dated for two years)... My second boyfriend and I never made out (we went out for a year lol)... I would never share a fork, water or share food that people put their fork/ spoon in more than once.. If I had food with dipping sauce with friends I made the flip and dip rule so that the side they bit wouldn't go in the sauce.. Kissing is great though.. You get such a rush.. Eventually you're even going to want to exchange oral sex (if/ when you want a successful sexual relationship).. Tell whom ever you end up dating about your discomfort and that you want to be able to do these things and if they can brush their teeth before kissing at first.. and eventually shower before being physical together and by then you will realize that these things feel good and it's just clean skin... My last boyfriend and I loved to shower together and would get physical after.. then wash off again after lol... You can make your OCD effect you by finding playful ways to incorporate it.. hope this helps

What Girls Said 6

• Uhhh I've never heard of such a thing before... I get OCD but when sharing spit it isn't bacteria... but to each their own but no thank God I don't relate.

• I had really bad OCD to the point I washed my hands after every indvidual Chrisp that I ate . But now I can kiss people, get them to use mouth wash

• I'm 18 and never kissed but I'm kinda awkward and shy.Idont really worry anymore but sometimes I do since creepers approach me!

• yea it is pretty weird... but its sort of like saying... "I love you so much your germs don't bother me"

• I can't relate

But I'm sure there's some OCD girl out there that can

• well I don't like sharing off of other people, family members too, I'm kind of a germaphobe. So yeah it's kinda of difficult because it makes you more receptive to germs.

What Guys Said 3

• Rule 1: Hand sanitizer used frequently will make your germs immune to the solution and it will become less effective or not effective at all, washing your hands is 200% safer and healthier because it washes out the germs rather than killing and leaving in the cracks of your hands. So you should get over that one.

Rule 2: Making out/Kissing someone is good for you because it boosts your immune system by sharing some amount of germs and your body learns how to fight those.

Once you do it you will love it, that's my opinion.

• 32 with spicy blt and never tossed salad

• Are you in therapy?