peer pressure to not date a guy who just broke up with his girlfriend?

Ok so this guy I like broke up with his girlfriend who I'm friends with, shortly after that he asked me out. Of course I said yes, but the problem was that his ex-girlfriend started dating one of his friends. He broke up with me because everyone was mad at him because they thought he was only dating me to get revenge on his ex (which by the way isn't true). So then he broke up with me but he told me that he still likes me. I REALLY like him and I want to date him but I don't know what to do. HELP?

What Guys Said 1

• If he really likes you he should still want to date you and maybe just not tell them all until the drama dies down. Friends don't date friends' ex'es, or ex's friends though... Will lead to drama every time. And you can say it's not true about the revenge thing but you might want to ask yourself that again, sorry.

What Girls Said 1

• He obviously doesn't like you enough to stay with you. Tell him what's up. Say something like "listen, if you still like me, then ask me out. I'm not going to wait around for something that's not going to happen. If you want to date, tell me now so I know what's up". Don't give in to him. It only hurts you more.