The hotter a person is, do you feel more nervous and uncomfortable?

Hot people make me nervous and uncomfortable. As much as I would love to date a hot guy, I avoid them at all costs because I can barely talk to them. Plus I know they will reject me. Hot people scare me, even though I am sure they are nice people. Even though I am attracted to men, I am even more terrified of pretty girls. This one girl I know gets along with me really well, and asks me to hang out with her friends since I am new to the city but I won't because she looks like a model. She keeps trying to get me out and about in this city because I am lonely, and she knows a guy but I saw his picture and he is gorgeous so I turned down the blind date.

Anyone else get like this? I know it's insecurity on my part, but I know I am so ugly and inadequate that I don't deserve to talk to good-looking people, let alone date a hot guy or be friends with a pretty girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have pretty much the same with hot girls. Even though I'm not attracted to them, and usually I'm not, I still get very nervous around them. I don't care about hot guys as long as they are not cocky, because that I can't stand.

About you looking up to hot girls: I know plenty of girls that give each other compliments about how good looking they are and how they look like a model, while in reality they aren't that good looking and are nothing like a model. It's like girls think a certain girl is really good looking, and wish they looked the same, while in fact that other girl really isn't that pretty. Some aren't even a bit attractive to me nor my guy friends. And the thing I hate the most is when girls go at each other for looking like a model, while in fact they don't look nothing like that, not even close. And even if they did, then what? So what if she looks like a model, why is that such a big deal? To me and most of my guy friends those mainstream models are in fact ugly and not attractive at all. So why would you want to look like that?

You indeed have some insecurities and doubt the way you look, but that's not really healthy. I can also understand why you're like that, but try to work on it though. You can have a much better personality than other hot girls, and they aren't better than you just because of their looks.

What Guys Said 3

• You make a lot of assumptions in here and are extremely critical of yourself. You surely do not mean what you wrote in your last sentence, you deserve anything you want. Cheering someone up or improving someone's self-esteem isn't in my core competencies, but you need to care less about others' opinions of yourself and more about your own. Whatever one activity or hobby you are most proud of, do more of it. Do something to cheer yourself up, whether it's exercise, volunteering, whatever. Don't focus on others and their impact and those fears will diminish.

• I've been getting made fun of since I was 12 for the way I look. So it's hard to have a different mindset. It's not something I just decided about people. Past experience has shaped my views of myself. Today I was walking home from the hair salon after a Saturday make over, and guy who had to have been in his thirties called me an ugly bitch in the elevator to his friend. I had headphones on so they didn't think I heard them, or maybe they didn't care. I'm 26 and I still get made fun of.

• Well that's absolutely wrong and horrible of them, and anyone else who has said that. They'll have theirs one day. Try not to be like them and make any judgments based on looks, including of the so-called pretty ones-find nice people, regardless of their looks, including the model, and hang out with them. Don't accept the label certain horrible people give you by discerning your friends in the same way, ie, by weighing the person's character on their attractiveness. Don't let the a'holes win. :/

• Everyone feels like that sometimes your just being hard on yourself as you are the one who is usually the hardest on yourself always thinking I could have done this better I could have done this better you seem like a really nice person I would like talking to a nice person like you,You seem like a sincere person most girls like to play games unfortunately and you seem like the aprreciative type wish more girls were like you keep your head up :)!

• the hotter the girl is the more nervous I get around her assuming I'm interested in her to begin with. I couldn't care less how hot a guy is nor do I get nervous around good looking guys because I don't like guys like that. so that seems a little odd that you'd get nervous around hot girls unless you're bi.

• I don't like girls like that either. It's just attractive people in general that make me nervous. It's not that I'm attracted to them, it's that good-looking girls make me so inadequate compared to them because I am so hideous. And girls make fun of me the most about how ugly I am than guys do, so I get scared to be around them in case they are judging me and they are going to make a comment about how hideously ugly I am. Even if their nice I worry they might have an ulterior motive. It happened

• two years ago to me with my friends. They told me they had been using me all these years and screwed me over in the end. So after they did that, I've been paranoid about most girls, but the prettier they are the more I distrust them. I was best friends with these people since I was 14. My parents make good money and now I do, so that's why they hung out with me.

• i see. sorry to hear that.

What Girls Said 2

• Be friends with her! You're seriously going to regret turning these chances down sooner or later, how often is it that you get asked on a date by a really hot guy? Yes I get nervous around hot guys, but honestly fake it till you make it, act confident and then you will see that he's just another person and he will be easy to talk to!

• Don't be so hard on yourself. I know that's easy for me to say, but it's true. That's nice that this girl is reaching out to you, don't let her looks keep you from having fun and meeting more people. There is more to life than just looks and everyone has flaws.