Why did this guy on a dating site stop talking to me>

I recently moved back home and I really don't like the guys at the bar scene. I joined a dating site for the hell of it and didn't talk to anyone because I wasn't interested. One guy I found was really cute so I messaged him and he actually felt the same way about me. So we messaged for a bit and he made it clear he thought I was very attractive. We were getting to know each other and then he didn't answer me back. So I'm kinda confused. I know I won't find anybody else so I'll probably deactivate it but I don't understand why he would just stop talking to me and still be on the site especially when he said that the girls on there were just blah.

Most Helpful Guy

• After finding one guy your already thinking of closing your profile? Why? There are 3 guys for every girl on dating sites. I've been on dating sites for sometime. There's two reason I will stop talking to someone I'm interested in.

1. I find out our religious beliefs are not close at all.

2. Her emails have a lot of misspelled words or grammar errors. (major turn off)

You seem very impatient...I'm guessing you haven't waited very long for him to respond?

What Guys Said 4

• Not to come across too blunt, but he may have found someone else. I'm sure he wasn't lying about finding you attractive, though he seemed to have gotten turned off somewhere and found someone else that he could connect with. Also, don't think you won't find anyone else, I'm very sure you will. Online dating can open you up to many possibilities but it takes time to find 'your' guy. Be patient. Best of luck.

• I think he found a girl more interesting, or perhaps, you didn't reply to one of his messages or advances.

• sounds like he wanted quick sex, anyone can easily get to know people but to still keep in touch an make things happen is another issue .

Or perhaphs he found someone else more convient.

• Ask him. And yes, bar scene is fruitless. Do more hobbies and activities.

What Girls Said 1

• Some of the guys on dating sites are players and/or serial daters and they aren't really looking for anything serious or long-lasting and get tired of talking to the same girl after a while since they need a new challenge. I am not saying that's the case with him. But I've met some guys on dating sites that were like that. When they get attention from a new girl, the one(s) they were talking to don't seem all that interesting anymore. Of course, there could be other reasons. Maybe you came on too strong, maybe he just didn't feel it anymore.

I don't think it would hurt to ask. Has he just not replied to your last message and you never sent another one? Or have you actually already tried to get in touch? Ask him, it's the only way to know for sure.

Oh and a lot of guys say that nobody talks to them on these sites or that the girls are meh, yet they log on several times a day.

• He didn't respond to my last message. We weren't writing paragraphs at a time just questions and if there's one thing I'm confident about it's I'm interesting and not boring. I figured he may have gotten the wrong impression with that?

I didn't come on too strong either. I'm not that girl. What you say makes a lot of sense. Should I say anything and if so, what?

• Yes, send him another message. Just say something neutral, don't show him you're upset. If he replies, good, if not, he wasn't worth it :-)