Women: is the ideal man both masculine and feminine

here is my opinion. tell me if you agree or disagree. I award best answer to whichever answer I learn the most from.

the ideal man that women want is very masculine, but feminine in some ways.

he is mostly masculine. he's assertive. he approaches the woman, takes her number, calls her, makes the plans, sets the date, pays for the date, and makes all the moves. he's strong, mentally and physically, makes the rules (without being insecure or bossy) and he doesn't let anyone push him around.

at the same time, he does adopt some feminine qualities (unlike many men who act apeish).

- he's not all macho-man, he can admit his weaknesses

- he's not all into guns and violence, he supports peace

- he's open about his emotions and can express them

- he takes interest in little details like body language

- he pays attention to his looks and hygeine

etc

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, for me I do want a mix and I just now I found that out. I have also been the sort who has gone for the feminine type of guys, even some that my friends have wondered about...you know, thinking the might be on the other team. I hadn't put a lot of weight on them having to be masculine...the had to be straight, but other than that I didn't care.

Then I meet the last person I'd been dating. I found myself making most of the moves, doing most of the calling...luckily he'd make the dates and pay for them but it was still very frustrating. He was also very indecisive and not assertive by any measure of the word. As much as I adored him (and still do if I'm going to be honest) it was frustrating! It was like hanging out with my girl friends sometimes and that's not what I wanted. I wanted his sensitivity but at the same time I wanted him to be able to man up when I needed him to.

What Girls Said 7

• So "admitting to weaknesses", and "supporting peace" are now considered feminine qualities? Why aren't they just human qualities?

For the most part I'd say you're correct in this. I personally don't necessarily want a make to "make the rules" because I think a relationship are about partnership. But I've been saying for a long time, I need to find a man who's got a bigger "pair" than I do, and for better or worse, I've got a good set of cajones on me (figuratively speaking). Being able to admit to weaknesses (a.k.a. saying you made a mistake/you were wrong) takes a lot of balls which I don't find in many people at all - male or female.

• because men stereotypically tend to be macho, too big of a man to admit their faults and gun-happy tough-guy. I didn't decide these gender roles.

• I would forget about stereotypes and just be the best person you want to be. Forget about what category everyone else falls into, male or female.

• I would disagree with a lot of this list. I prefer the far more masculine man.

I like my men into guns and knives, because otherwise I'd feel super manly.

I like men who get dirty and work with their hands because a) it's super sexy and b) I kind of like the traditional gender roles and have all kinds of useful traits but need someone who can fix cars and pipes and pick up heavy things and such (Like I sew and cook and such).

He needs to be able to start a fire (I fail at that).

Love his dog (shows he can care/I love dogs).

And I like them chivalrous, you know opens doors on occasion, tones down really raunchy jokes (or only tells them when we're alone), etc.

I also like the typical guy sense of humor where we can tease one another about things.

I prefer a guy who is assertive, yes, but I kind of want to be the ONE person that he lets push him around a bit.

It weirds me out when guys (or anyone) are too in touch with their feelings (at least publicly. I mean, if he cries because his dog dies, I understand.)

The feminine traits I guess I like in a guy are: Good with kids (you know, wrestles and such. Which is more a man trait than a woman).

Showers (which I don't think of as feminine, more as a civil, and once he's clean he can put his muddy boots back on, as long as he isn't perpetually stinky.)

Ideally he will sit through certain theater with me, and that is definitely a 'feminine' trait.

And will occasionally allow me to force him into a chick-flick.

And does the dishes, because I hate doing dishes.

• Pretty much that's it :) there are differences between girls preferences, but that's the basic idea.

• i agree with your points, but not that fact that "admitting weakness" and "good hygiene" are feminine qualities. those should be normal, gender-neutral qualities.

• Seems perfect what you're describing there.

• Yes you got it.

• I want to date a farmer, someone who is humble and works hard and is a family guy.

• interesting. and most guys say women only want dudes with a ton of money (bullsh*t).

What Guys Said 5

• There is a dualistic nature in the universe. There is light, dakrness; chaos, order; good, bad; left, right; inhale, exhale; forward, backward; and ect, ect, ect...

How does this philosophy apply to human mating and attraction? Simple. We all want a partner with "balanced" qualities. Hence what you just said "the ideal man that women want is very masculine, but feminine in some ways".

• i believe the word you're looking for is metrosexual. iam not about to shave off all my body hair for some dame. I do have excellent hygiene though

• well not really metro sexual. I mean more to the masculine side than feminine.

metro means like 50% masculine, 50% feminine.

i mean the ideal man is 75% masculine and 25% feminine

• I thought that too. But Justin Bieber is 100% feminine and people consider him attractive for some strange reason.

• 90% of his fangirls are like 13 though. girls like boys. women like men.

• Nancy boy. Jk but I think this appeals to the majority of women want this. I'm broke though so no paying for dates for me. W/e

• you women are confusing