Is this an appropriate thing to send after a first date?

This guy and I met about 2 weeks ago, we met on a dating app. We started texting every single day non stop for the entire week. He asked to hang out and drove an hour out of his way to pick me up and then I showed him around the city near me. The date itself went well (at least from my point of view) and when he dropped me off, I think I gave him the wrong impression by just saying "okay thank you" and getting out of the car. He also got out and gave me a hug and said "it was nice to meet you, this was fun we should do it again" and then I said "yeah, okay have a good night" and went inside. My friends tell me I may have accidentally made him feel like I wasn't interested so I texted him the next day and said that I hope he had a safe drive home and that I had a great time. He answered with "Yeah I had fun too!" so I didn't respond because I took it as a blow off. Now I just can't move past it without some closure cause I was really into him so I wrote down some thoughts and am thinking about emailing it to him but I first want to get an outside opinion on whether it comes off needy/bitchy or if it actually gets my point across about respecting me enough to at least tell me he wasn't into it. The following is what I'd like to say, please let me know how it sounds, how you would take it as a guy in his situation and whether or not I should send it. And if so, is there anything you would change?

It's been a few days and not having any communication on your part only leads me to one conclusion, but imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realized that just like most other man in today's world, you didn't even have the decency to let me know that it just wasn't going to work out.

After a week of talking and a day together I imagine I at least deserved some sort of version of the truth but my mistake for believing that I had any right to be treated with some respect and honesty.

It was a pleasure to meet you and though it wasn't what I had hoped as the outcome, at least I can say it was a learning experience. I truly hope all the best for you in your journeys. Good luck with everything!

Most Helpful Guy

• "He answered with "Yeah I had fun too!" so I didn't respond because I took it as a blow off."

I think his exclamation mark indicates enthusiasm, so I don't think he was blowing you off. He'd probably give you a one word answer if he was blowing you off like "yeah" or "thanks".

You: "I had a great time!"

Him: "yeah"

You: "Have a safe drive home!"

Him: "thanx"

Moving on...

Do yourself a favor and DON'T post that message that you are planning on posting.

Do you want a relationship with this guy or not? From what you've posted, he seems like he's probably interested, but you're basically breaking up with him before a relationship has even begun. Don't do that!

"It's been a few days and not having any communication on your part..."

I didn't see anything in the first section where he wasn't communicating with you. The last thing you have him doing in the first section is messaging you with "Yeah I had fun too!" - to which YOU didn't respond (you say "so I didn't respond because I took it as a blow off"). So you don't respond to him, but then you're about go off on him for not communicating with you?

(Even though it's a bad idea to send him your message, don't feel bad about wanting to do so. I'm the king of doing things that seemed right at the time, but then look back and think "what the f*ck was I thinking?!?!")