Is it weird that I just don't want to date anymore?

I have had 2 long serious relationships that both lasted a few years. After my last breakup I've had a boyfriend who I just broke up with because I just didn't feel that spark. Now I am dating another guy but I just want to be alone. I keep reading about all these people having trouble finding someone, is it weird that I just want to be by myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm, I don't understand, you are currently dating someone AND you want to be alone? Those seem conflicting to me. That being said, no it's not weird to want to be alone, I haven't dated someone in well over a year and don't plan to for at least the next 4-5 if I ever do again, I've found I am much happier by myself than when I'm with someone else. Although you should keep friends and family in your life as well as consider owning a pet because having some sort of companionship is proven to make you happier and live a longer life, it doesn't have to be with a significant other though.

• I am very close with my friends and family and they are probably the biggest reason why I even bother going out on dates. They are always encouraging me to go out with people. But I am happy by myself, I have a successful career, loving friends and family, and I also have a dog that might actually be the love of my life.

• Then you are set, stop dating and do what makes you happy, it's your choice to make and if that's what you want then go for it.

What Guys Said 2

• Nope its normal,not being in mood to date.

You just enjoy your Me Time. Some people have to be in a relationship, and feel something wrong with them if they're not dating. Other enjoy the single life lol.

• I think it's fine.

What Girls Said 1

• No its okay. If you want to be single, there's nothing wrong with that.

However, you really need to tell the guy you're with how you feel. He's emotionally investing in this relationship yet the girl doesn't even want to be with him. That's not right :P