Do guys actually give a f*** about how a girl looks on a date?

Pretty self explanatory question. Because you know how girls like spend hours in the mirror sometimes and stuff. I'm wondering if guys actually care.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I do. If she puts in the effort to look nice it shows she cares. If she looks like she just rolled out of bed then it says that she could care less.

What Guys Said 11

• We care somewhat.

We do care in the sense that we don't want you showing up looking like this:

link

On the other hand, you don't have to go all out and look like this:

link

You could wear normal clothes...

link

...and be just fine. No need for a lot of makeup.

• Yes. But most girls probably aren't actually looking better after the first 10-15 minutes of effort, and I'm assuming that's coming out of a shower with wet hair.

They're just fussing because they're nervous, or following some 'getting ready ritual' they've developed.

• clothes-wise? nah. We're imagining what you look like without that stuff on anyways ^^

• I think women are too critical of themselves and most women are beautiful enough so in my opinion they wouldn´t need as much make -up etc BUT it makes me feel really special if I see she put effort into looking good for me.

• I mean, yeah. it makes the guy feel really special, like you went all out of the way to make yourself pretty for him. The guy would of course be more dressed up than usual too.

so yes we care, or at least I and many others do.

• we care a little, yeah

• You shouldn't look like you just rolled out of bed however you also should dress for the occasion, meaning don't wear an evening gown to a sporting event...unless maybe you're a cheerleader or something of the sort

• Yes, we actually give a f*** how a girl looks on a date. Pretty self-explanatory.

• In some way for sure. It's definitely not the most important thing though.

• YES! But you compared to the 30 minutes you spend on hair and makeup, the 5 seconds you spend adjusting your cleavage for maximum effect is probably MUCH more appreciated! XD

• You don't have to put on a $200 dress, just wear some semi-decent or "church" clothes. A blouse and some good look jeans are great. This is a good example: link

What Girls Said 4

• They care that you look cute, but they don't care whether a girl spent 10 minutes or 2 hours on her hair. Girls obsess too much usually.

• this! oh my god! yes! no offense ladies but spending like 2 hours to curl your hair before we go out or whatever is a pain in the ass

• Yes,I'm sure that guys do care...its part of being attracted to someone.Wearing a potatosack would yeild poor results for sure.So of course it is necessary to put your best foot forward.

• They do care,otherwise they won't be complimenting you beautiful when you appear attractive to them.Means,they do notice it and care.

• I would imagine so,if its a date you should at least make some effort.Its just awkward when picking out what to wear because you don't want to over dress or under dress