I'm lonely, should I try talking to guys on a dating site?

I have an online dating profile and I'm thinking I want to try talking to some guys again. I'm getting lonely because I'm done with my college classes and have extra time. I haven't had a boyfriend in awhile but I'm nervous to actually try online dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Feeling lonely is one of the worst reasons to seek out a relationship. That is equivalent to someone seeking out a relationship prior to v-day because they feel they "should" be in a relationship because everyone else is. My point is, you're only using whoever you meet to fill a void. And filling a void just because, is not something you want to do.

• I understand what your trying to say. I would honestly be filling a void but I truly would be happier. It would be for the right reasons though. It wouldn't be because of the time of the year or just to have a boyfriend.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah just be safe about it

• I too am finished college and tried it, I'm not having much luck... I know I have better chance meeting people face to face. Maybe it didn't work out because I went on a free site, I hear* the paid sites are better.

• I've heard that too! It makes sense that if someone had to pay for something get would be more serious about it. Good luck with your searches! I'm extremely shy and get anxiety talking to some people face to face or I would be all for meeting new people all the time!

• Shouldn't be dating if you're lonely. He'll think you're not into him and are being desp. Try finding other things to do with your life. FIND A JOB, do charity work...love will come, when you least expect it

• Firstly, I have a job, I volunteer on days I don't work, and I also have time to hang out with my friends. I have a life, I just would love to spend some tome with a guy. I would never date someone if I wasn't into them, or was desperate.

• Well that's how you're making it sound

What Girls Said 2

• When you're lonely you're more vulnerable! I was really lonely before I met my now ex. I basically became dependent on him to make me happy. We went out and did stuff and I was involved with his group of friends. So when that ended it made it worse. A boyfriend is suppose to be something you add into your life to make it better than it already is. Not for it to replace the things you don't have :) Start with just making more friends, get happy. Then seek a relationship. When you're happy people flock to you :)

If you feel dating is something you MUST do. Just be careful! Always meet somewhere public. Make sure your friends and family know where you are.

• Thanks for playing both sides of this question! :) I appreciate an open mind

• Give it a try. There's nothing wrong with it. You never know who you might meet

• ...famous last words. I'm still skeptical, call me old fashioned.