What's the difference between dating someone, and being in a relationship with someone?

thanks in advance

Most Helpful Guy

• "Dating" is when you're "testing the waters" seeing if the person is what you're looking for. If he/she is then you get into a relationship with the person, if they're not, you don't.

• Lol that seems kinda funny I thought they were the same thing until my boyfriend told me they weren't lol thanks

What Guys Said 1

• Dating means you are doing things together, you are interested, but you can still date other people. It's kind of a trial period to see if you are right for each other.

A relationship is after you agree you are right for each other, and it is normally exclusive, ie you don't see other people.

What Girls Said 1

• a relationship is exclusive (at least it's supposed to be) and dating is like testing the waters before you ask someone to be your girlfriend or boyfriend (be in a relationship).