Is it most likely the guys fault when the kissing is terrible?

Usually when I hear someone say 'so and so was a bad kisser' it's usually a girl saying that about a guy.

But is it ever the girl that's horrible as well?

"It's usually the guy, because most girls just follow the guys lead when it comes to kissing. It's very rare to see a girl who's a bad kisser..." --- 999freakshow

Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Kissing is a sensual thing. It's full of emotion and desire. You have to feel a passion for the person you're kissing to really be a good kisser. Since guys tend to be reserved with their feelings (or in some cases wary about showing how much they feel for a person), kissing is a quick, dry, preemptive exercise before the better stuff comes along. This is especially the case with the shyer guys. The best kiss I ever had was from a guy who really just loved women. He loved kissing and so he was good at it. He knew how to tease a girl's mouth till she could barely move and he just basically seduced her with his kisses. Wish more guys were like that. Alas...

Having said this, there are some girls who are HORRENDOUS kissers. Taking their cue from the sedate guy, they become the overzealous aggressors and basically nearly swallow the guy's face, engage in excessive tongue-bathing, etc. Ugh. Keep it simple, light, and sweet, girls!

If both the guy and the girl just start out by following each others' leads -- a quick series of pecks, a little flick of tongue to hint when you're ready for more (gentle licking/sucking/biting), but don't slobber all over each other and don't draw blood. Play nicely, boys and girls!

What Girls Said 13

• Yes a girl can be bad at kissing as well, there was this one girl who tried to literally suck my tongue into her mouth like a vacuum cleaner. Really vicously as well.

• i'm not sure, I don't think I've heard a guy openly complain that a girl was a bad kisser

but I'm sure there are girls that are bad kissers

one of my friends was tongue tied (that little bit in your mouth that connects your tongue to the bottom of your mouth was shorter than usual and should couldn't really stick her tongue out or have a good makeout) but she got it snipped, so she can stick her tongue out and make out now

• maybe guys just don't talk the little things like kissing...

• It's usually the guy, because most girls just follow the guys lead when it comes to kissing. It's very rare to see a girl who's a bad kisser...

• dude, why'd you do that?

• Doesn't being really passive about it also mean you're... a bad kisser?

• who said sth about being passive, I said follow the guys lead as in do what he does not just sit there and do nothing. Idiots! I gave an honest answer |-(

• I don't believe this, bad kissing isn't all on one gender and it could be just the chemistry between the people. Maybe women just complain more.

• NOOOOOOO.

it means you both need to learn each others kissing and practice together,

• Maybe guys aren't as judgemental. I think both can suck I know I used to.

• i don't think anyone kisses horrible, whoever the person is kisses the way they did with their ex. All kinds of people kiss a lot of different ways, and once practiced enough, anyone can be your perfect kiss.

• It's no ones fault

Just need to practice more

• It's all about chemistry... that takes both people being really into each other... you can't put the fault on one person, if someone is a little less experienced the other should be the leader, in general guys are the leader, but it's not always that way.

• i think girls just have higher fairy tale expectations where as guys don't over think it.

• Sometimes yes and sometimes no. Depends on what is so bad about the kissing. For example if I guy is just slobbering all over you than yes it is the guys fault for being a bad kisser. However if you are kissing and maybe the rhythm of the tongues, lips are off then it could be both your fault, meaning you just need to learn how to better kiss one another.

• She can only comment on how she felt about the kiss.if she didn't like the way he kissed, then to her he's a bad kisser.

• Lol my boyfriend flat out told me that I was a bad kisser when we had our first kiss. He informed me I needed lots and lots of practice and "volunteered" himself to be my practice partner.

I've heard both genders say it about their partner.

What Guys Said 4

• No, girls can be horrible kissers too. I briefly dated a girl in college who was almost comically bad at kissing. She would stretch her jaw open like she was getting dental surgery and scrape her teeth on my upper lip when we made out. It was horrendous, and she didn't really take my lead when I tried to "guide" her into using her lips. She's still single now and I think her lack of kissing skill has a lot to do with that.

• girls are just picky with everything

• Don't you know this already man? EVERYTHING is always the guys fault!