In terms of dating, who has it harder?

Do unattractive women have it harder, or unattractive men? Who has a harder time finding someone to be in a relationship with?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Unattractive women have is way harder imo. Men are more visual in their attraction towards someone. It's just how we're programmed. Women tend to be more concerned with the emotional aspect to attraction. So an unattractive guy can do things to make himself more attractive. At least to a greater extent than women.

• That is a stupid myth women are NEARLY as visual its just that society has deemed it unacceptable and unladylike if girls express sexual interests in men. My sister has half naked pictures of men in her room my parents are liberal about it. Also women don't admit to masterbating although they do it often just not as much as guys. Women still do want a hot guy only ugly guys still try and say things like girls only care about money or girls don't care about looks when in fact they do.

• @sohcmind: it's true that women are visual too. Yes, we wish we'd end up with a gorgous guy. But the difference between men and women is, with women it's not all about looks. If a guy is funny and charming and sweet but not good looking, women might be willing to look past that and give him a chance. Men wouldn't even WANT to talk to an unattractive girl, thus never giving her a chance to show how great she is as a person. Some men even treat unattractive girls differently.

• umm for us guys its not all about looks as well a girl can be a 10/10 but if she is crazy or a dead lump then I'd rather have a 7/10 girl whos full of life.

• Men have it harder. I see even borderline unattractive women getting attention from good looking men yet I see good looking men being ignored by mediocre looking women. It seems like women are valued far more than men whether the attentions are bad or good. All women have to do is sit there and recieve attention. That's why there's all this women out there who have men lined up as "options" and men who just have one girl or no girl. Men don't have "options " we just have to run into the right girl and face rejection and being played along the way and deal with it. Even the most mediocre lookong women will have 5 men after her. And she ll just there craving the attention and toying with them and dispose of them when she's done. A lot of women more so than men are the ones who don't want commitment or relationships.

• good looking guys get good looking girls. phaggot.

• girls criticize everyone call good looking girls slutty, ugly, etc. to make themsevles feel better.

• Very true. To the extent of manipulation and lying and making fake statements about people. Even men. Those types of women will get into relationships with the goal to control and manipulate the other person. And some wonen are so sneaky some men out there don't even know theyre being manipulated or played.

• Depends on the definition of unattractive. If you mean physical them the ladies definitely have it worse as society expects them to be beautiful. Massively shallow and unfair.

Men become unattractive by lack of confidence, poor job/social status etc more than looks (although looks are still a big factor). We are quite lucky that we have greater scope for self improvement I think.

Having said that , I think it's all bullsh*t. If you are unattractive you won't have lots of people chasing you and you won't have loads of options - but when the right person comes along none of that crap matters. Surely that's what's important anyway?

• nope looks are the first thing a girl sees if she isn't physically attracted to you doesn't matter what your social status or job is phaggot. unless she is a golddigger then she's not a real woman.

• guys, because look at online dating for example, and plus, even good-looking guys have to have a life, have things going for them, have goals and be working towards them, know what they want in life and go after it, have a college education, live on their own, have their life, sh*t together, be a leader instead of a follower

• even good-looking guys have to have a life, have things going for them, have goals and be working towards them

Umm same thing applies for a good looking girl.

• Well men have to make themselves stand out more

• Guys do because guys will have sex with almost any girl that walks as long the girl is half decent looking she could still get laid.

• Clearly you don't know women. Most of us aren't out looking to just "get laid". For an unattractive girl, most guys won't even think of her as relationship material, just someone to have fun with when EXTREMELY drunk.

• I think its the unattractive male. Even the good looking ones need to have a lot going for themselves in order to get a girl, as girls don't need anything going for themselves to get a guy!

• gotta agree on this for I've seen more females that would be considered below average have b/fs more often than just barely average guys having g/fs.

• Really, because I don't consider myself ugly, yet I can't even get a girl to talk to me. I'm not socially awkward, I know how to take care of myself, I make money, have a lot of motivation, and passion, I know how to be affectionate, I have good intention, and I care and don't do tings with expectations. And like I said before; I'm not ugly. Every time I show a girl some interest, even if they're single they still don't talk to me. Doesn't matter if she is gorgeous, average, or ugly; they all

• act the same. Every single one. I think that I realized recently that you women are pathetic beings. You want everybody caring for your feelings but you don't care for others. All you women continue to think that your the prize as the man has no contributions.

What Girls Said 3

• When was the last time you heard a word specifically for men who never marry that carried negative connotations?

Example: He's a bachelor.

Example: She's a spinster.

Which one sounds worse to you?

And who ends up as spinsters? Ugly women.

• I think unattractive women have it worse. Women put more emphasis on things like intelligence, social status, sense of humor and the like. A lot of guys are more about having a show pony I think... Think about it, how often do you see a really attractive girl with a not so good looking guy? Far more than the reverse.

• Women have it harder because *generally* tend to value beauty over anything else at the beginning of a relationship.