Can 2 people who are exes be friends?

i dated this guy for 1yr in 2008- June2009. since then we dated on and off throughout the years. we never permanently walked away from each other. you think there is hidden feelings or can 2 people actually be friends( best friends) who have dated?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible but it takes years and years for both sides to have platonic relationship without a deep feelings invloved. Some of my friends remain friends with their exes but I personally find it impossiblel to stay friends with any of my ex(es) though. :(

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, actually you two people who are exs can easily be best friends to each other. You've shared intimate feelings before already.

• I'm good friends with my ex and her boyfriend.

What Girls Said 4

• I've been in a situation a lot like yours. I dated a guy for four years, off and on. We officially walked away from each other (mostly on my part), around April of 2012. Now we are talking again and I can tell you it isn't easy. We both still have feelings that are there, and it's complicated. I have to say that if there are NO feelings involved on either party romantically then you are fine and ready to go.

• Once an ex stay an ex. I don't even like accepting calls from exes.

• Its possible. I dated I guy for a year but we didn't break up very well. But after a few month we started having contact again, but never got back together- just friends. And it works, we even talk about new partners really relaxed. It didint work out for us, but we shared a lot of secrets, issues and know each other very well. So we don't stay in touch regularly, but we know we always can trust each other in case we want somebody to talk.

• I think so. Esp if it was a relationship where either there were never too many feelings to begin with... or where it outlasted it's welcome and all the feelings wore off.

I have no feelings for my ex anymore beyond fondness and friendship. He's a great guy (in a brotherly kind of way) but there's no attraction there.