He wants to be a couple, but he hooked up with a fwb?

I started dating this guy and so far we have had about four dates. He asked me to be his girlfriend on the last date but he just hooked up with another girl a few weeks ago before meeting me (we had been talking and making plans but hadn't hung out) Is this a red flag?

Most Helpful Guy

• Assuming he's late 20's or early 30's, no, I wouldn't say so.

At this age, monogamy is not normal until made official, and most men have learned NOT to get caught up and emotionally put their eggs in one basket until it actually goes somewhere.

He asked you to be his girlfriend because he wants you to be his gf.

What Guys Said 1

• NO! you guys weren't officially together so he didn't cheat or anything.

What Girls Said 3

• No, that is what he does in his single life. So, right now that has nothing to do with you. There would only be red flags if he mentioned doing this while In a relationship.

Not sure why he mentioned this though.

• such a red flag. this flag is f*ckin bloody red. run. this guy will cheat on you. and you'll feel stupid because you knew it. he had met you, if he was an honest type of guy he wouldn't have hooked up with anyone else after he knew he liked you

• it was a few weeks before even meeting her an asking her to be official/exclusive. just because your insecure an need to be someones entire world doesn't mean others have to or even should.

• Oh and I have different standars for men. Thanks OK. Don't start calling people names

• I'm kind of confused on the timing of this. If he hooked up with her while you were dating then I think it's a red flag. But if you weren't dating yet then all's fair.