Is it wrong to ask a girl out via text message?

Or should a guy always call? Sometimes calling is awkward if she isn't interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• Call me old-fashioned (even though I'm younger than you), but I think being asked out via text/email/Facebook is extremely impersonal. I'd rather someone call, it shows they are actually interested. I feel that if someone texted me, it would mean the person they actually wanted to hang out with said no and I was an afterthought.

What Girls Said 5

• Well I'm kind of old fashioned and I think most girls always prefer a guy who calls or does it in person. It's become acceptable to ask someone out via text just because we live in an age of technology. So yeah...you could text her...but you'll earn her respect and come off as an attractive confident guy if you do it over the phone or in person. I also feel that older, more mature, people shouldn't do this over a text; it's typically what the younger crowd tends to do.

• I'd rather be asked in person. Every time. I don't feel as if over the phone is as sincere.

• Asking is asking. I would be happy just being asked period especially if I really liked him.

• It is the lazy way.

• I actually prefer being asked out via text message or online. It gives me time to think it out if I'm not 100% sure.

What Guys Said 3

• i don't see a problem. I wouldn't do it, tho.

and don't literally "ask" her if she want's to go out with you, *tell* her she needs to go out with you.

if she doesn't answer you know what time it is. and no, she didn't forget to answer it, she didn't lose her phone, and yes, the signal is OK - she's just not interested.

i don't know what the problem if you call her. you say hi, and you tell her to go out with you. if she says yes, OK, if she says no, you say "cool then, have a great day, bye" and you hang up.

• Ask In person!

• Face to face dude...