Conversation topic with long term partner?

what do you talk about with someone whom you've known for many years? mundane questions are definitely out of the question since you already know their hobbies, history, etc. Sometimes I just don't know what topic to talk about since I talk to her everyday either through texts or phones. Direct meeting is easier since we can just cuddle or kiss and don't have to talk for a long while.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything and anything and sometimes nothing. The usual- how work was, if anything happened that day, what's going on in our area, the weather. Most of our conversations are about what's going on in the news either locally, nationally or internationally-what our views are, we debate and argue and laugh. No matter how long you're with someone you don't know every single detail of their past and sometimes due to some topic in the news we end up sharing stories of our childhood or teenage years etc. Even if I've heard the story before I don't say anything, its not the story that's important,its the willingness to share it.

What Girls Said 6

• Watch shows together. Read a book. Do a project you've been wanting to do and keep each other updated. The future. The past. See a movie and discuss what it means to you. And sometimes, if there's nothing to really say, you don't have to talk all that much.

• Global issues...there is always something going on in the world whether it be sports, entertainment etc. the world is always changing...news is always changing so talk about her opinions on global issues...

Answer my question please?

• usually just "how's your family" or "how's your job" stuff

• Current events, philosophical questions, funny/entertaining things you've seen/done. This is the primary reason that spending time apart is important. You have different experiences and thus have things to discuss.

• do something fun together and talk then.. go for a hike and talk about the meaning of life, or you don't have to say very much just something like"your hair looks beautiful in the sun" :)

• Generally, you talk about things that have went on in the recent past. How your day was. If you read something interesting that day, if you're excited or worried about something, etc.

What Guys Said 0