My ex ended it because he still has feelings for his ex?

Me and this guy have been talking for about a month, then we started to date three days ago after we kissed. Things were going amazing and we had been so close and he was just so perfect for me. Then he started to get distant, cutting back from texing me, then I told him I was sorry if I had done anything and he said I didn't do anything and I said I was sorry for thinking I did and he texted me saying; "Its fine..so listen..ik that we just started dating but the truth is before we started dating another reason I waited so long to ask you was because I'm still not over my ex.. I thought that if we dated it would help but it hasent and its not fair for me to be in a relationshp with you if I still have feelings for Megan. I'm sorry but I think it would be better if we were just friends.." I really do like this guy, I just wanna know of there's even the slightest chance he would be with me after he got over her. Or what his text fully meant or anything..

Most Helpful Guy

• well it's good that he was honest. Sucks that you were lead on a bit.

I think there is a very real chance that if he can get over his ex that there is a chance for you two. But you shouldn't wait around. He wasn't over the ex before and the bit of a relationship he started with you didn't help (which isn't your fault, I doubt he would have gotten over her with anybody). Let things take their course and you should try moving on. Don't wait around and expect him to come back soon because it sets you up for disappointment

What Guys Said 3

• I think that over time if he is able to completely get over his ex then you would definitely have a chance with him! he was probably from what I can tell very close to his ex so its hard for him to accept that fact that she is gone. just give him time hopefully he will realize that its time for him to let go of all the emotions attached to his ex and start over with someone new.

• It means what it means move on.

• He's clearly torn, but that also explains why a relationship with him will not work. I feel that once a person becomes a rebound, the relationship almost never lasts. It may be hard, but I think you should move on.

What Girls Said 1

• When a guy says something like what your guy wrote to you, believe it. It was a hard decision for him to tell you that he can't see you anymore and a lot of thought went into it him making that decision. You want a guy who can give you all that you deserve. He's caught up on another. That doesn't mean that somehow you weren't good enough or that he didn't like you at all. He just can't let go of his ex-girlfriend. The best choice is to move on, from him because there is no guarantee he will come back. I wish you the best.