She wants to set me up with a friend, but I'm not sure about it?

Bottom line up front: A girl I'd been talking with in October-November wants me to meet one of her friends.

Back story: We talked for about a month before I asked her out. At that point, I'd been single since high school and had since been emotionally abused by another girl I'd pursued and received other misguided advice on relationships, so there were things I'd either forgotten or never learned in the first place, i.e., talking about the second date.

I'll admit that on the first date, I may have gotten a little ahead of myself in talking about a prospective second date. She waited about a week or so until she called it off. I'd told her that I felt I might have moved a little too quickly. No dice. The other two girls I'd dated before had behaved similarly. They acted like everything was fine when it really wasn't.

Anyway, last night, I got an e-mail from her saying she has a friend she may want me to meet (she and I haven't talked for several weeks). I'm not quite sure how to take to that. I know that because of how she went about things, I shouldn't just dismiss her friend. But at the same time, I'm not so sure I want anything to do with her.

Thank you for your input.

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be best if you politely reject her invitation.

You don't feel really comfortable meeting that friend of hers, and it's the girl you're talking with that you're interested in.

What Girls Said 1

• The impression that I get is she likes you, and thinks highly of you as a person, but for whatever reason, you are just not for her.

I would so go out with her friend. She obviously thinks enough of you to introduce you to her friend (we would not set up our friends with jerks) and maybe on your 1st date, she saw something in you that she knows her friend would value.

• Would it be a bad idea to tell her that I'm uncertain about this idea?

What Guys Said 2

• They probably think you are a good person, but being a good person doesn't always mean that there is chemistry. If she wants to set you up great, it means your not a**hole. Although you may not be a match for her she thinks enough of you as a person to try set you up. Just a warning from my experience, anytime I have been set up the girl is always nice but that's about it. No personality, no sex appeal, just very nice and very boring. But that has been my experience it may not be yours.

• she hot?