Do younger guys go for/like older girls?

would a freshman guy find a sophomore girl cute? Does being older than him make it easier to get him to like you?

& what will people in my grade think if I dated a guy in a lower grade? Totally weird or creepy or is it fine?

I know its cute when a younger girl dates an older guy... but how about the other way around?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the age difference. Women who date younger men are generally looked down upon, at least by her peers. THat is to say, the other girls your age will at least at first, question why the hell you would date a younger guy. To the younger guy and his friends you are likely to be a godsend, as men do enjoy older women for sure. At least until we hit creepy middle age years.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Guys Said 37

• Yes, younger guys are attracted to older girls at that age, but the reverse isn't usually true. The average guy at that age is 2-3 years less emotionally mature than a girl, and so a guy a year younger might seem cute, but once in a relationship, will probably act very immature from the girl's perspective. A few guys will be exceptions and will be about where a girl of the same age is, and some girls are less mature than average, so it can work sometimes, but there's a reason it's the exception, rather than the rule.

• It's one grade. I don't think it matters. Mostly it depends on the individual, some like older some like younger but I doubt anyone would completely rule a person out for being a grade above them.

As far as people's perception no one should care. if they do they are simply judgemental

• Guys will go for women whether she is older or younger. It doesn't matter. As long as she is attractive and piques their interest, all's well.

• that's the thing about dating after HS... ppl's "grade levels" don't matter anymore. Go get your dude. and drop the HS dating mentality. :)

• I recall when I was a freshman always looking towards the older girls. Hell, as a kid in elementary school I used to think about kissing my high school baby sitter. I'm pretty sure most guys are like this. Really anything around your age is just preference of the person. Your implication that younger girls and older guys is cute is not necessarily any truer than a younger guy and older girl. In fact at times it seems a bit creepy depending on the guy and how young the girl is to him. IE 20yo F with 40 yo man.

Its true as people age the difference in appropriate ages expands but for you and people your age, 1-2 years off shouldn't be a big difference. At your age its really all about mental maturity anyways. So if a freshman boy is actually smart enough for a older girl, then all the power to him.

• What about a 3year age difference?

• 3 years should be fine, but I always am a bit hesitant around that magical 18yo "adult" age. That's a decision for the couple. For me, I crossed it when I was in a relation that started under 18 and we were only a year apart. Now at 23, I wouldn't see anyone under 18 for sure. Especially since I'm working in a High School right now. Super Creepy!

More from Guys
32

What Girls Said 5

• It doesn't matter what others think. Its perfectly fine and it all depends on the guy. But don't let his age stop you from liking him.

• I'm a senior girl and have just been asked out by a freshman guy. My friends think it's adorable, and it's normal at my school anyhow. There are multiple older girls that date guys two to three years younger than themselves. I feel kind of weird since it's my first time dating someone younger, but it's not that big of a difference in the real world. Don't let other people bother you anyhow if they weren't to like it.

• My crush is about 3 years younger than me, and my friends make fun of me for it:( lol but I think he likes me back!:)

• I'm a senior girl in high school, and I like a freshman. I'm pretty sure he likes me back. He kept on staring at me, and said that he would go for me over any other girl there. I would totally date him. I don't care what others think or say, they can say what they want.

• Coming from someone who is a 19 year old freshman in college and is dating a 17 year old junior in high school, I can tell you that that tiny little bit of an age difference is nothing. They don't care. And sure, people may look at you funny for a bit, but they'll get over it. If you really like each other, then it shouldn't matter what others think.

• Within a year or two of each other everything's basically fine. Freshmen guys WILL tend to find the older gals (who don't have that lost freshman look) appealing. It's not so much that you're older but that you're a little more confident, have the campus mapped out handily, etc.