Girls, what do you think of the "kiss on the hand" gesture?

Suppose a good looking guy with a good amount of confidence walked up to you during the day and introduces himself. After exchanging names, he puts out his hand. You expect a normal handshake but instead he kind of puts his hand under yours so your the back of your hand is o top, brings it up to his lips and gives it a light peck. What would you think?

Ha I like how the girls and guys have completely different views on this.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cute in theory, but 90% of the time a guy who does this to me is trying to get into my pants, so I've come to think of it as a sad gesture. However, many elderly gentlemen still do this, and that's a completely different situation.

What Girls Said 3

• if he's attractive and I'm interested in him ohhh yesss! lol

• i would love that! :)

• I'd think "why are all the attractive guys always gay?!"

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's corny and out-dated, personally. Wikipedia also mentions "Hand-kissing has become rare and is mostly restricted to conservative upper class or diplomats." and "It could be used to convey a feeling of a more traditional and emotional attraction, rather than a superficial one...". After an initial introduction, you're most certainly basing the interaction on physical attraction.

• creepy...

• "ewww, so pathetic," and then she vomits all over you.