First time dating - Give me some words of courage/motivation

I'm in my mid-20s and have never had any experience dating - not even holding hands with a guy. Then along comes this guy who seems to genuinely think I'm wonderful and that I'm the one for him. I also think he's a great guy and I really like him too.

No one has ever been this interested in me and it IS a bit frightening. Sometimes I wish this never happened to me so I can stay alone - and safe. Afraid of being hurt. But part of me wants to give this a chance...and give him a chance to open me up. He has done well so far. I fear letting him in the whole way and make myself vulnerable...but I also want to. Aargh, sorry - going around in circles.

Basically, I'd appreciate some words of encouragement or just wisdom to prepare me emotionally for this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Grab the opportunity. Give him a chance. He might be the guy you're looking for through all these years. Also, this can be a turning point in your love life. By experiencing a relationship, and if it fails, you'll grow more experience and be wiser for your upcoming relationships.

What Guys Said 4

• You might be a little late to the party but at least you showed up.

Best advice would be not to ignore your better judgement, use your understanding of people, and remember that a man is a man in both word and deed.

p.s. please take it upon yourself and insure that you don't let others heavily influence your relationship decisions. Your relationship is unique to you specifically. That... and everyone here sucks at relationships. lol.

• For you to experience a relationship, you have to take the leap. It might work out, and it might not...either way, you'll never know unless you risk it.

• Often times if we want to find something amazing, we have to let our vulnerabilities show. Those steps forward can either lead to pain or happiness. I really wish I could explain it better than that. But nothing is worse than letting an opportunity go by, and wishing you had made a different decision. Good luck anonymous.

• be glad you don't have to initiate

What Girls Said 0