How soon did you know they were "the one" for you?

This is probably best answered by those who are engaged or married but if you're dating you could answer too. My main 3 questions are:

1. How soon into dating did you know you possibly wanted to marry?

2. What was it that made you feel this way?

3. Did you give any signs you felt this way?

Thanks for answering, I'm just curious.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, I knew for a fact after 3 years. We were living together by this point and we just playing video games together on a Friday night. She asked if we could turn our phones off to keep playing games because our friends would want us to go to the bars and that when it hit me. We had been together for so long, I loved her to the point I would easily give up my life for her, I had spent the entirety of our relationship being happy without a single big fight ever, and we could do literally anything together and be happy while doing it. So I started saving up and got that girl a ring six months later.

I mean that's how I felt (emphasis on the I part), but she didn't which is why she left me after a year of being engaged for another guy who was more assertive. So "the one", is a funny thing. If there is a next time I feel that way for me, I would say to make sure that she feels the exact same way I do.

• awh that is very sweet.. I wish you the best of luck in the future and thanks for your answer. =]

What Girls Said 1

• About 6 months, he made me incredibly happy, still does. Its not all sunshine and roses but the fact I wanted to fight for it, I wanted to be with him as much as possible and I missed him when I was away, if something happened or I saw something he was the one I wanted to tell. I told him I was falling in love with him.