Keep Texting Him, or make him text first

We text a lot and have candid conversations ranging from life, work, philosophy, etc. I tend to text him first, but he keeps the conversation going. Like if he gives a short answer that doesn't need a response, I'll let the convo drop, and he'll add on to what he said to continue the convo.

• Keep texting, obviously it's all good
  • Make him text you first. The chase is important!
  • Leave him be.
  • Other, explain

Most Helpful Guy

• If he seems interested and engaged in your conversation, you should continue doing, whatever you do... Some guys just don't like to text first that much, even if he likes talking to you...

What Guys Said 5

• So I voted 'keep texting', but with that I mean you should keep in touch with him, though try and see whether he will text you first if you don't. Just try it out a couple of times by not texting him for multiple days. If he doesn't, then try a bit harder by agreeing that he will get back to you about something. Do not ask him directly to text you first next time, but just use some excuse to make it subtle. For example, tell him he should watch a certain movie or documentary and then he should let you know what he thought about it. This is just an example, and there are lots of variations possible, like he tells you he will definitely try out a certain recipe you recommended him. Then just wait and see whether or not he will indeed get back to you about it.

• That makes sense, I guess my question is: Is it really that important that he start the conversation? Does it trigger something in his mind that I'm 'boring' or something of that sort?

• If you wanna talk to him, text. Don't play games.

• It's nice to alternate who initiates from now and again, but if he is inexperienced he might over/under text you and question himself a lot. If you decide to play a game of chase with him it goes both ways and just causes unnecessary stress.

• He definitely is, and very unsure of himself, so I felt like it was natural for me to take the lead or it wouldn't go anywhere. And I've always avoided games, but several friends seem to insist that if a guy doesn't have to 'chase' he doesn't find it interesting, but I feel like you can be interesting in other ways than a game.

• Let him initiate some and then you initiate some. One side shouldn't do all the conversation starts!

• Let him text first, it can't always be one person initiating.

Though I'm tempted to say that it's no big deal and that the situation is fine if he's obviously interested in talking.

• He texts first on occasion. I'm ridiculously busy, and I'm sure he's afraid he'll bother me.

• (And by on occasion I mean once in a blue moon when I've accidentally fallen off the face of the planet.)

What Girls Said 1

• you can keep texting,there's no harm in that.but once in a while you should also give him the chance to do it 1st...

• I do, I fear that he doesn't take the opportunity because he's afraid to 'bug me'. My life is ridiculously more busy than his is at the moment. (it's in-season for the sport I coach)