POLL: Which do you prefer to date, taller or shorter girls?

This is mostly for straight guys and lesbians.

Taller- above 5'5

Shorter - below 5'5

Poll has been added. :)

• Taller girls
  • Shorter girls

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer tallish or tall girls. There are so many advantages - their presence, their legs, sex positions, better looking bodies etc. It's a turn off to be with a girl half my size, it would make me feel like I'm with a child. Yuck.

What Guys Said 46

• I *prefer* shorter girls, but it's a mild preference and certainly not a big priority; I've dated plenty of girls who were above 5'5". My current girl is slightly taller than that.

I've also dated a girl who was 4'10" and several who were around 5'. Petite girls rock, but personality is far more important than stature.

I'm 5'10".

• I'm 186cm and having dated both taller and shorter girls I'd have to say that taller girls are the practical for me. I'm sure that if I was shorter then a more petite girl would be in order. In reality I'd honestly date any girl I found attractive from 190cm-150cm

• all girls

• I'm 6'3", so taller for me.

• I'm 6'3" and while height is not a big factor to me, I do find myself a little more attracted to shorter women.

• Doesnt really matter. Being 6'1 I guess it'd be easier to date a taller girl

• I'm 6'3. I find it a little sexy when girls are petite but its not a deal breaker if she's not.

• im 6/4 it don't matter to me because I'm taller than everone I know and I'm the tallest on at my school so ya hehehehehe :DDDDDDDD

• a good size is 5'8, 5'9' 510 its good for me hehehe

• I'm 5'1 and I like girls to be the same height as me or shorter but as long as they are not taller than like 5'4 I'm okay with it. so I voted shorter.

• Well the taller or shorter THAN YOU has been answered a million times guys like girls shorter than them usually. For this it depends where you even got those numbers from..

Are you 5'5?

I'm 6'4" and find short girls cute, or 'just a little shorter than me' - (Once every 5 years I might see one...)

• No I am not 5'5''. I will share my height towards the end of this poll. I have simply heard that 5'5'' is the average height for a woman...

• I go for personality above all and height is such a SMALL FACTOR, but I ideally like to date girls that are taller than me. I'm 6'0" so there really aren't that many girls that are actually taller than me (but the good news is, I noticed that most are willing to date a shorter guy), but ideally she'd be very tall, between 6'2" and 6'4", maybe even a little more, and lanky yet athletic to serve as a contrast to my big bulldozer physique.

• Height matters less than the body type. As long as she's not afraid of a pair of running shoes its all good.

• I put shorter girls but it doesn't really matter to me. I'm 5'7 so it seems like its 50/50 if someones taller than me anyway.

• 5'7 to 5'11 is ideal

• It won't depend on height, it all depends on her character & other aspects

• I prefer her to be my height (5'8") because when she's wearing heels, I prefer her to be taller than me. Something about a girl being taller (with heels on) is EXTREMELY sexy

• C: Don't care.

• awe, the insecurity of many, comments are fun to read don't you agree? :]

anyway smaller or same height is fine to me

• Shorter

• Taller.

• Short, I'm 6'~ and can't remember ever crushing on a girl who was taller than 5'4.

• Tall girls<3

• I don't care, as long as they are at least 2 inches shorter than me

• my girlfriend is shorter than me, and I can't imagine dating anyone taller than me. THere is my two cents.

• I'm 5'9" so taller or shorter does not matter.

• short girls ftw. they are so f***in cute! and they usually have nice rack too

• i prefer shorter girls

• I like girls who are shorter than me but taller than me in heels.

• Shorter but it's not important.

• It doesn't matter

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 22

• Hah - men attack us on here for preferring to date taller men, and yet look how the poll shows that men prefer taller women.

• Well as of right now it's around 50/50 (38 tall, 42 short) and for us height is generally not as high a priorty as it seems for girls as some answerers have actually mentioned.

• @Philapenn:They did attack us long time ago,expressing how women were shallow to prefer dating guys who are above 6'

This is why I said on my answer after few attack incidents,they begin to 'increase' their standard by stating how they adore tall women with long legs.They have agenda beneath their answers,but not many girls realize it.Their agenda is to make women here feel bad as how they felt before.I know you might think It doesn't make sense but there is some truths in all this drama.

• It's a conspiracy!

• I'm a girl who's 5'11 and I've always felt like guys would want shorter girls, but thanks to all these comments, I'm totally going to be wearing heels everyday for the rest of my life. lol.

only bad thing about being a tall girl is it's harder for guys to carry you during sex.

• I doubt you will get honest answers here because it seems like guys started to take revenge to all of the girls now.Congratulations,epic fail.

I remembered few months back they claimed they prefer shorter girls but I guess our preferences about penis size,height and uncircumcised/circumcised d*** were really getting into their nerve.

I doubt any of them will reject any girls that look hot like Eva Longoria or Kim Kardashian who are around 5'3.I am surprised how childish some people can be.

• Geez aren't you a little biased? Just look at the poll -- right now it's 69 votes for tall girls and 64 for short ones. That's nearly 50/50. Saying guys are taking "revenge" for anything is just not true. If you look at the actual answers, there are actual arguments there, not blind hate.

You, on the other hand, sound very resentful...

• Kim Kardashian is overrated...so overrated. Eva Longoraia, eh...I can work with that. But Kim K has that body that is going to tank after she has a kid or 2. It's over.

• Taller girls, I'm 6ft 3, short girls often make it hard to kiss in a realtionship unless I want to decapitate my spine.

• Oh my, I'm 5'9 going on 5'10 and I'm surprised at seeing the heights of guys :D I want a guy who is in the 6 foot range.

• none

• Taller girls.

• My ex girlfriend was taller >.<

• my boyfriend would perfer short

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• Taller girls

• me and my friend were talking about guys' preferences the other day (we're around 5'9''), and we were under the impression that most liked petite girls. it's interesting how tastes vary.

• After reading these comments, I kinda feel like I'll never find a boyfriend since I'm only 5 ft tall.

• LOL notice how the answers saying short girls get massive thumbs down? It's because tall girls don't like when guys say they prefer short girls.

• Why is there always a poll about height on the go here..? I was never aware it was such a big deal. Anyway, I think it's kinda arbitrary and depends who you ask - intuitively, most guys with a preference at all will prefer a woman a little shorter than him, so his acceptable range is probably dictated by his own height. That said, I'm 5'10" and have dated a few guys shorter than me, including my current boyfriend. I think mostly they and (probably I) might have preferred on some level that in an ideal world we were the same height or they were a little taller than me, if only for practical purposes and to save on any teasing - but who really cares? I doubt if height is a make or break issue for many people - girls or guys. I've never been checking out a guy and thought "ooo he's nice, but when he stands next to that door frame as a frame of reference it just ruins everything".