Girls vs. Guys - Who has the easier Dating Life?

Easier can mean: "Which of the two sexes could acquire a mate if they wanted to with less effort/time/energy?"

What do you think?

• Girls
  • Guys

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls have it way easier. Guys always approach them, always pay, all that happy crap.

What Girls Said 4

• I think women have it easier when it comes to mate selection, self improvement/associated vanity efforts notwithstanding, but men generally have it pretty easy in relationships once they've settled in, so it evens out over time.

• That's true, I can agree with that

• I've found that amongst my friends, women seem to have it easier than men. But that's mostly a confidence thing...

• I agree. Most girls have had probably hundreds of men approach them by the age of 25, conversely, for men not so much. If I had 5 girls a week approaching me I'd be confident too lol.

• Girls

• Both have to work to get partners.

Not all women can get men with the snap of a finger, just like not all men can get women that easily. Everyone's standards are different, but the majority will say "I want someone good looking, smart, funny, independent, and nice." Both genders want it, therefore both genders must BE it.

Dating is a minefield!

What Guys Said 7

• It would be the guys.

During the stages of teenager up to early adulthood, it's the girls who has the easier dating life.

They just dress sexily, and wink at guys, and they get the guy. However as they age, and they don't see any guy who's actually going for them, they start getting desperate and looking for a guy, any guy, even if he's ugly as long as she can share her life with someone else.

About guys, they have it hard at first, especially if they're relationship amateurs. However, if they get really "dexterous" and master the art of the "game", then dating life is just like waving a single hand in the air. Most guys get laid by different girls until they're 45. So, it's guys who has it easy in the long run.

• LOL Not even a contest, girls. They have it WAY easier.

• Girls have it far easier to obtain casual sex. Its pretty equal for long term relationships. So overall girls have it easier in interacting with the opposite sex.

• I voted B because mate suggests something like marriage.

It's much easier for 16-26 year old women to date as long as they're okay looking.

But any guy with a job and his own place can get married pretty easily at age 40 or so.

• I hate it when people say for every girl that has a boyfriend then that guy has a girlfriend because girls are the gatekeepers they just have to accept or decline they don't need as much qualifications as we guys do in order to be attractive

• Acquire a mate with less effort/time/energy? It's equal. If men and woman both put in the same amount of effort/time/energy and both were simply attempting to acquire a mate, both would have an equally easy time doing so.

The problem comes in when you introduce standards. When a guy has standards "out of his league" he starts thinking men have it harder. Just the same, when a woman has standards that are "out of her league" she starts thinking there are no good men left. The truth is they are both wrong. Reality says they are just aren't as good as they think they are.

It's not there are no good men left, it's that these good men have all these desirable attributes, why would they settle for somebody who's only remarkable in being average? Why would the man settle for a woman that looks good, when he can get a woman that looks good and has a ton of positive personality traits. If that second woman is available to him, why would he go after that first woman who just has looks going for her?

Think about your dream person. Ask yourself, why would that person date me? Furthermore, if some person who was better looking, smarter, kinder, more interesting, etc. was easily within your dream persons league, why would they pick you?

What makes you so special that an amazing woman would want to date you? That same principle does apply to women as well, don't think it doesn't. For the women, what makes you so amazing that prince charming would come along and say "wow, I need to ask her out?" If the answer is "I don't know" then chances are there's nothing so special about you that it stands out and makes a person desire you. Blaming other people because you lack desirable traits to attract your dream person is your own issue, not a gender issue.

Also, if you keep lowering your standards, you'll have an increasingly easier time "acquiring a mate".

So maybe, if men really do have it harder than women to acquire a mate, that must mean by definition that men have more unrealistic standards in comparison to their skills and attributes. The solution to that is to simply lower their standards, which takes almost no effort/time/energy since all it requires is a decision to do so. Since women have the same solution available to them, it is equally easy for them.

With both equally having such an easy solution at their disposal, both are equal in terms of difficulty in finding a mate.

• Some women can do nothing and have guys ask them out. If a guy did nothing he would be single for his whole entire life

• And the girl always makes the guy pay because she feels she is more important and shouldn't have to spend her money