Who has a harder time? Short men or tall women?

Short men or tall women? Aka would you (men) date a women who is taller than you...lets say 3 or more inches? And you (women) would you date a guy who is shorter by three or more inches?

P.s. I'm using 3 or more inches just because if I don't specify people will say 1/2 cm is fine or something like that, which is practically the same height. 3 seems to be the lowest but most noticeable small number.

• I'm a man and I'd date a taller woman
    0% (0)65% (13)46% (13)Vote
  • I'm a man and I wouldn't date a taller woman`
    0% (0)30% (6)21% (6)Vote
  • I'm a woman and I wouldn't date a shorter man
    62% (5)0% (0)18% (5)Vote
  • I'm a woman and I would date a shorter man
    25% (2)0% (0)7% (2)Vote
  • Asexual/See results/into same gender
    13% (1)5% (1)8% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Also say why! by the way :)

0|0
4|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly think it's pretty equal. I think as you hit higher levels of extreme, they become more open to the idea. For instance if a guy is 5 foot, he is much more likely to be open to dating a taller woman since taller encompasses a large portion of the dating pool, but a guy that's 5'6" might not be as open to the idea and a guy that's 6' might be even more stringent about it because it doesn't significantly limit his dating pool. Similarly, a woman that is 6'3" might be more open to dating a shorter guy as many guys are not 6'3", yet if she were 5'10" she might be a bit more stringent about height, and if she were 5'3, she might be even more stringent about it because most guys are not under 5'3" so this standard wouldn't significantly limit her dating pool.

It's not so much that the preference is gone but that when a preference severely limits our dating pool/available partners, we are more inclined to relax those standards in order to give ourselves a better chance.

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 8

• Short men are discriminated against alld wn the ie, but particularly in relationships. Tall women may have a little less options than shorter women, but on the other hand, they're generally considred more attractive! I've ofren dated women as tall or taller than I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • Short men have it harder (no pun intended)

0|0
    0|0
    • Because it's more likely for a guy to accept a taller girl than for a girl to accept a shorter guy.

• Poll doesn't match question title, but ya, I don't care if a woman is taller or shorter than me. Such shallow things won't stop me from dating a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • 3 or more inches taller? why not, if you could find a girl that is 6 foot 8 or taller I wouldn't say no to dating her :) (i'm 6 foot 5 XD)

0|0
    0|0
  • That should be a tie. Both have it tougher.

0|0
    0|0
  • short men. short men feel like taller women can't find them attractive. tall women simply aren't attracted to the vast majority of men because they are taller than them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'1 so many women shorter than me are likely under age. (why I have to remember to ask how old they are)

I wouldn't mind dating taller women even though I prefer around the same height.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think some guys would date a girl taller than them but I think it's extremely rare for a girl to date somebody shorter than her

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I am only 5'2 so I would not date a guy shorter than me. I think a guy shorter than me would be a boarderline midget.

If I were like 5'8 I wouldn't have a problem dating a short guy (about 5'5) though. I just wouldn't wear heels while I was with him

0|0
    0|0
  • tall women, if she has evens she might feel pressured not to wear heels. But the guy could also get mocked by his friends.

I am tall and I would date a shorter man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 5'2 so I prefer tall guys. Most short girls would want to have a date with guys taller than they are...

0|0
    0|0
  • Women care a lot more about dating a guy who's taller.

0|0
    0|0