Why can't some girls date guys younger than them?

Why does him being younger than you matter in the grand scheme of things?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm dating a younger guy now.he can be kind of immature and he's less experienced.sometimes I feel like he doesn't know how to treat a woman.he's not disrespectful, he treats me with respect but I almost feel like he's not reached certain milestones and learned lessons I have. That's why I prefer dating guys my age or older.

What Girls Said 10

• If a girl really likes a guy, she will date him regardless of his age. Look at cougars and teachers that have affairs with their students.

• I was at one point considering dating a friend who is 3 years younger than me. What made me change my mind was that he is just like myself when I was his age. Still full of unrealistic idealism and all. At my age, I want a guy who can help me grow, not help me go back 3 years.

• It's the idea that younger guys are often more inexperienced and have no idea what they want. Ironically though, younger women sure as hell don't know what they want either.

I get the appeal of older guys though and I myself have no desire to date a younger guy.

Even if we're inexperienced we want a partner who is a "leader" and experienced in a way.

• Maybe because some guys don´t mature as fast as we do, so some girls don´t want to be with a younger guy because that will mean that he will be way more immature than her. But to me it doesn´t matter as long as the guy treats you well.

• it just feels off like corrupting minor

• Maybe it's stupid, but I don't think I'd feel as "taken care of" with a guy younger than me.

• From my experience, most guys appear immature considering age difference.

• My boyfriend is 2.5 years younger than me and he is fantastic. So...I have no issue with going younger.

• Why do you think moist girls don't though?

• Why do you think you managed to get over that?

• I've never been the youngest. I'm the oldest of all my friends, always have been. And I got used to being the oldest. And then I met this guy and we hit it off really well and then I found out at the end of the day that he was 2.5 years younger than me. And I took into consideration that he treated me well, had a genuine interest in what I had to say, he was physically attractive and we were emotionally compatible and so his age didn't really matter in the long run.

• I learned the hard way that age does not necessarily define maturity level. I dealt with someone a lot older who was the most immature, dishonest guy I had ever met. I assumed a guy his age would past the games and b.s., Boy was I wrong.

Truthfully, I have always preferred guys much older than me because I have always felt older than I actually am, and I felt that someone younger couldn't relate. Hope that makes a little sense.

• basically because most girls would think a younger guy is immature.

What Guys Said 4

• The whole leader, alpha male, dominance bullsh*t thing.

• Younger guys haven't achieved as much, so there's really no reason for a girl to "date down."

• So that their friends don't make fun of them for it. That's why girls won't date short, overweight or "ugly" guys.

• Because women are stupid, we should all throw rocks at them..

But no seriously women are illogical creatures and natural followers. If one girl in a room says she doesn't date younger, they all say it