Would you date a person with no special talents?

Lets say you're a talented person, would you date an untalented one or would that be a turn off because they can't do anything special.

Most Helpful Guy

• by definition, special people are a minority, if not then they would not be special.

the media and the world around us praises the average, look at the guys around you, I bet you will see a lot with the same haircut, clean shaven, similar clothes of similar brands, and you bet their headphones play the same music, and for girls is very similar too, though you usually have more freedom. so average is not really that bad acording to most people.

I deeply believe there is NO people with no talent at all, society works because we are all different, and we bring different things to the table, what is a "special talent" for you? something like singing? now the most talentless guy can be a pro, I LOVE singing but is like now everyone can be considered a singuer, so I guess that SPECIAL talent is not as special anymore, REAL good singers are rare and special, but the art has been really derogated in todays world, then what is special? if you can lick your elbow that would make you SUPER special, quite unique actually, but who would care if you can?

find something you love and DO IT, even if you absolutely suck, is not about success, the reason why talents are atractive is because a, for example, paintor, even if he was not good enough, you see him work and you see the passion, the commitment, the plaesure, perhaps even if he sucked you will see some painting of him that is actually OK, you may be like "I connect with the artist", that is what is appealing of talents, and you can show, and in fact it would be grat if you do, that devotion to anything you like doing, like cooking with passion, studying with commitment, walking on the park with pleasure, and connecting on a deeper level with someone, maybe with facial expressions, maybe with a picture, or through the books you read.

the only thing that would be disappointing if you indeed had zero talents (which I bet is not true) would be like "I wake up, breakfast, get ready for work, work, lunch, work, come home, dinner, sleep, it reapeats indefinitely", it would be like "not only I CAN NOT do anything, I also don't care to do it or even appreciate it" like, you don't have to be a master of guitar to enjoy and be knowledgable of music, you don't have to be a pro biker to enjoy a bike ride, talens and even only hobbies are not to show up, those are to show you love and live life at its full and not just go through it.

What Guys Said 4

• it depends what you define as talent.

because I know girls who play instruments, get straight A's and know 6 languages, and they are good looking too. but I'm just not attracted with them, in fact many guys feel insecure by overacheiving women (doesn't mean women should stop achieving what they want though).

• Most people have no talents, I guess it's the norm, so I'm okay with that

• If they're fun to talk to and hang out with that's what matters

• as long as she have sex and give head that's good enough for me.

What Girls Said 5

• It would be more important to me that he has interests rather than talents. He may have plenty of things he likes to do, but even if he doesn't do any of them that well, it's just nice to see a man be passionate about something. Even if it's something I don't really like...

• You are dating the person not what they can do...

• Not really. I would like it, sure. But it's not the kind of thing that makes or breaks a relationship.

He does have to be above average intelligence in order for me to go out with him, but that's the extent of it.

• lol it doesn't matter to me.

• of course I would still date the guy.