Why do older men date younger women? For instance 20 year old woman dating a 42 yearold man?

I feel age is just a number, but I don't understand why this man wants to be with me, he's wonderful, kind, sweet, smart, funny&simply amazing. I don't feel good enough for him. Why does he want to be with me?

Also, he's divorced, has 3 children. He has a really good job& beautiful home.
No that has nothing to do with why I like him..its just I have nothing to offer him, I mean, I have a daughter of my own, I'm on state aid. I just don't understand why he wants to love me.I mean he's wonderful to me, when we are together age is just a number

Most Helpful Guy

• Because the main things that men look for in women have nothing to do with age or experience.

They are typically looking, in the short run, for looks and sexual availability.

In the long run, they want that plus sweet and maybe good with kids, + enjoyable to be with.

Since a young woman can have the latter and tends to have an advantage in the former, plenty of older men are happy to date younger women.

Its much less common the other way because women tend to value some of the things men gather with time. So younger men may look better, but are less wise, mature, established, confident etc. (in some cases). But men are indifferent to a lot of that ...

• I will also say that it I were divorced I could see this situation. You are young, but a mother. In some ways he has more in common with you then with say a 35 year old woman without kids.

What Guys Said 4

• You're young. He feels young wth you...but the real question is what does it matter that he has a good job and a nice house? Unless that's part of the motivation for liking him. 20 years is a lot, what could you guys possible have in common other than something physical?

• Is this not obvious?

• idk but id never do that .. maybe because its the younger female wants someone to take care of them and she wants hm notto act like such like a child and older man do it because their hotter

• I'm in my 30s. If I could date a smoking hot 20 year old, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

What Girls Said 1

• bc you're 20... and he probably also likes your personality... or that he's way older and yet you like him.