People think I'm funny and interesting, but won't date me

It's weird. Over the last year or so, I've heard through friends or acquaintances that "so-and-so" thinks I'm so interesting or so funny. Yet I'm having a hard time just landing a date. Also, many of these girls are already engaged or married even though they're around my age.

Sometimes I even went up to one of these girls, if they are single, and asked them out, only for them to act confused and be like no, they never considered that from me.

I see girls, on this site especially, all the time say they want a funny, interesting guy so I should have no trouble getting a girlfriend, much less a date. And I know other guys who I'd consider interesting and funny get left out too.

What Girls Said 1

• "People think I'm funny and interesting, but won't date me"

Perhaps because they don't find you attractive and most people tend to want to date those they find attractive.

"I see girls, on this site especially, all the time say they want a funny, interesting guy so I should have no trouble getting a girlfriend, much less a date."

I'm not seeing why you would think that as most likely funny and interesting isn't the only criteria gals have. They may want a funny interesting guy however they probably also have criteria for his attractiveness, wealth, status, sexual compatibility, and other character/moral/personality traits.

• I was gonna answer, but this was pretty much what I was gonna say. You have to ask yourself what you may be missing.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude, I feel you on that. Thing is, you can't just go up to a girl and ask her out. You need to talk to them, make them laugh, just get to want to keep talking to you. Suggest hanging out with a group of friends so it doesn't come off as a date. If she seems interested, then ask her on a date and see how it goes. Trial and error my friend.