Is it OK for a 21-year old guy to date a 16-year old girl?

The question says it all. I'm doing my last year at Uni, she's starting Uni this September. Would you consider it a too large age gap?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends (please comment)
The age of consent is 16 actually.

Most Helpful Guy

• sounds like your English or European so I don't know what the rules are like there but in the states that is a pretty big no no. It is certainly statutory rape here and her consent is irrelevant

• Actually, in 30 states its 16. Its only 18 in 12, but its some high population ones - and includes california, so a lot of TV stresses it.

• legality of it all aside. my opinion is this. a 21 year-old and a 16 year-old in the United States operate in two entirely different. one can drink, one can smoke, one can vote, one can go to war, one can own firearms, one can rent a car, etc etc while the other one is still waiting to get into an R-rated movie. There is something disturbing (IMO) about two people who operate in wholly different worlds dating. The world in which the asker is in may be diferent so I said in my world it's a no-no

• all laws aside it's a no-no... In my world I can't imagine one person (whom I respect) being OK with a 21 year old dating a 16 year old. But that is my world

What Girls Said 7

• age is nothing but a number

• Nah if she was 14 then it might be.Go for it 5 years apart it is not bad.

• No nothing wrong with that!

• Im curious as to what you guys actually talk about

• You want a woman, that is built like a child?

• 16 I was a DD 5'8" size 9. Now I'm 21 5'8" DDD so obviously I kept developing but I'm different. Every women is built different. I'm still a size 9 5'8". I was made to have a large chest

• She doesn't look teen even in fact she is one. She's actually one inch smaller than me with me being 6'2". No, I'm not really into women built like a child but what I'm actually asking about is the age gap. I've only dated a girl that was 2 years younger than me and now I've got this girl and I just thought whether it'd be OK or not given the age gap, my age and her age.

As for the breasts size, I'm not really good at determining it but I guess hers is something like a B or C.

• Who cares about the age of consent , She's a child. If she was in my family we would have you locked up so fast , At that age she has to answer to her parents . Hopefully she has good ones , So they can throw you in a lake. By the way , I'm tired of men saying she's mature . Just because she can boil water means nothing , It takes a long time for anybody to be mature . She still have a child like mind. 18 Is the age of constant .

• "Who cares about the age of consent"

"If she was in my family we would have you locked up so fast"

How would you do that if he isn't breaking any laws?

• Yes I'm a family girl and no offense taken, But you don't have to be a family girl to have common sense . If we wasn't having this conversation , You would want to be referred as a man.

• As the poll shows, everyone's got their own common sense.

Very unlikely, cause I'm actually working on becoming the real grown-up man. Young man is a better characteristic of me at the moment.

• Shes to young for you an its not legal uou shoul look for someone at least 18.

• Unless it's legal to do so then I suppose it doesn't matter. There are those who may look down on it but girls do tend to mature faster but again it may not always be the case. As long as it's legal then who can stop you? Unless she is extremely mature and highly intelligent I can not see the appeal of dating someone who is that young.

What Guys Said 7

• It's OK, but it's stupid. The girl will change a LOT over the years and you'll likely see that causing strain on the relationship and likely even a lot of pain.

It's a good bet she's not gonna be the same person she was in a few years. So if you're hoping for something long term, you're likely screwed.

• Good point, mate. I agree

• Well, if you really care about her a ton, you can still try for it, but it's fair warning she'll likely change a lot.

• just keep it to friendship until she turns 18. That way she will also have some college experience and she will know more about herself and the guys she wants to date. instead of breaking your heart because lot of the girls tend to break up when they go to college. just wait and during this time of period just enjoy your last few months at uni and then find a job and settle down!

• There are many stupid/immature 21-year-olds. There are many intelligent/mature 16-year-olds. If it feels right and it's legal, go for it.

• I voted B by accident, I meant A.

If you like her and she likes you then go for it.

• Dude it's 18+. 16 is way too young.

• What if she's got the brains of an 18+?

• Terrible idea. Basically what Leto said, except I reckon 16 is way too young...

• the girl child is considered a more

Become a logical