Let say that you are dating someone and you find out that their line of work doesn't pay a lot?

Is there a salary range that you are hoping your partner makes? And would you leave him/her if they didn't meet that requirement, even if they are a great match

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer a guy who's ambitious and always looking to get better/higher in his career, but if he enjoys his job and chooses to stay there, I'd probably be fine with that. I just don't want a guy who works a lousy job solely because he's too lazy to get anything better.

What Girls Said 4

• i don't really care..

• id be a bit uncomfortable if he made a lot more than me. otherwise, I don't care.

• I wouldn't care how much he makes unless he's very hard-working, ambitious and very committed to what he does for a living.

• Do you have preferences on this?

• I don't know really, I've never been on a date, so I've never been to a point where I could decide something like that. But I think that both people in the relationship should be working. either having a job, or working towards so kind of better education so they can get a better job later. in terms of money, as long as we can live fairly comfortably. I guess my dream would be to one day move to a suburb of a bigger city, or to a fairly rural place.

• but I don't think that I will ever actually end up in a relationship or ever go on a date, so my dream is pretty well shot. Probably won't get a career until I'm around 30...if that. 26 years old now with one college diploma and just started university, so I don't think a girl would even come near me knowing how busy I will be over the next few years, and since I'll be at least 28-30, most girls will be taken and I'll have no shot because I'll have very little money besides school debts. FML

• 28-30 is still pretty young. I think you just have a negative attitude about this. Men in that age range have the guile to seek out women as young as 23, so you'll be OK. IMO, figuring out a career is a lot more difficult than socializing and finding a lover. In fact, I consider the latter a huge waste of time if you don't have a well-paying career yet.

What Guys Said 2

• Uh, no.

• I don't care what they make. I know what it is that I want to do and I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my own.

Plus, if we were together (and living together), 2 incomes make paying bills much easier anyway.