Just began online dating...

I've recently put up my first online dating profile and have been talking to a couple of guys.

I've agreed to meet with one of them. However, from his photo he is not my type. I like the bad boy looks on guys and he has an adorable babyface. He's 24 but looks as if he coule be 12 or 13. He doesn't seem to be that inexperienced though. I agreed to meet with him because I wanted to give him a chance, because sometimes it's more the attitude and the little things that I find attractive from a guy. And we have a couple of things in common. I've told him that I'm agreeing to meet, but let's not call it a date yet, from my side I don't want it to be romantic. And he said cool. So we agreed to go for a walk sometime in the next week.

My question is, what do I do if he tries to make it romantic? I could tell that he's been trying to get my attention by sending me messages every day even when I said I'll get back to him regarding when we should meet. And sending me kissing smilies. I think when we meet he might try and be all romantic like hold my hand or something. I don't want him to do that. What do I do if he does? What should I say without being rude and creating an awkward situation?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm going to be blunt with you, there is a good chance that you won't have too much fun on this "non date". You already said you don't really find him physically attractive, and you might think you can get past this...but honestly you not being attracted to him is saying something. It sounds like you are going out with him just for the sake of going out. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with that, but DO NOT have high expectations. In fact have low ones, and if it goes horrible then no big deal. If it goes OK or great, then even better.

I can already tell this guy WILL probably try something. Your best chance is to just do a lite "date" like out for coffee or something, and make it brief. Around 30-60 min but 2 hours max. This way if its awkward you can get out of there quick. If he tries something just say you aren't ready for that yet and this is just to get to know each other better, if he keeps doing it then just leave because he only wants some "action". Lots of guys go on dating sites just to "hookup" and from your description of him he honestly sounds like a scumbag/tool (sorry but its the truth).

-I'm a guy and I've also tried online dating for awhile...so believe me I know what I'm talking about.

• thanks for answering =)

I already agreed on taking a walk with him (I suggested meeting for coffee but he suggested taking a walk instead)

he also asked whether I have whatsapp or Facebook, both of which I'm not comfortable giving out before I meet with him personally. I think he is trying to move things up.

What Girls Said 0