Why do girls date "white trash"?

So, why ladies? I see these nice, classy women dating total losers? This isn't necessarily a nice guy/bad guy question. But, I'm talking about guys who have no life, very little personality, don't even have good looks, look like tgey just came off the street, and smell like body oder. I don't understand it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe some of these girls wanted relationships badly? So badly they settled for something. Or maybe some of them lack confidence and think that is all they can get?

It's hard to tell. I used to date guys who were kinda crappy because no one else expressed interest. I was bullied a lot in high school for being a bigger girl, yet when I look back at my pictures I shake my head. I wasn't that bad. Basically I developed uber early and everyone made me feel like a monster because of it. Now all those girls and guys who teased me are not exactly catches anymore.

But I dated a couple guys who treated me poorly. One guy blamed his drug addiction on me (even though I never introduced him to drugs or even did drugs). Another would date me then break up with me when he found someone 'better'.

They weren't the most attractive guys either. But I lived in a small town and pickings were slim. Guys never asked me out. Maybe this is what happened with some of those girls? They just didn't see that you were interested so they found someone who was.

Thing is, if you like a girl, let her know. Don't just let her think you might like her. You have to let her know by telling her. Same with girls, if you like a guy, let him know.

I know it's nerve wracking, maybe they won't like you back and in some cases you will be right. But if you don't take a chance you will never know.

Flirt with the girl you like more, give her compliments, initiate conversations and try to get her to hang out with you.

• Im sorry to hear that. Yeah I need to do that more. I try to show as much as possible to show that I'm interested in a relationship with a girl and even tell her I have feelings for her. But, that big question is hard to bring up. I don't fear rejection when approaching girls at the bar. But when it comes to rejection from soneone I have feeling for and close to, I do fear that. Especially if there is a chance doing so will risk destroying our friendship.

What Girls Said 5

• Guys aren't really good judges of what is attractive in other guys.clearly you aren't, no offense.if these guys are getting desirable women, then they obviously have some good traits that you're not mentioning. I'm just saying, your view point is understandably biased but I bet if you posted some pics or Facebooks I could tell you why girls pick them

• Yeah confidence, sexually aggressiveness. I don't get it. I know women where their boyfriends don't care about them at all or even one where the guy beat her, yet they stay with them. How is an abusive guy attractive? Or a guy who lacks any physical attractiveness or doesn't have a life at all?

• For this answer to be true, it assumes that girls are making the right choices most of the time. As we know, that's not true. Just because a girl chooses to stay in an abusive relationship doesn't mean that guy has something more going for him than a single guy. It's her misjudgment of their values.

• It could be that he treats her very well and they love each other.

• Yeah true. I don't mean to generalize but a lot of these guys are unattractive in every possible way. One example I can think of, the guy doesn't treat his girl very well, so I don't know what's her deal with him or reasoning.

• Well some people are addicted to toxic unhealthy relationships. But also remember you are not in these relationships and there is more than meets the eye.

• I know. Its just I feel that a couple girls I know deserve better. Theyre always unhappy about their relationships

• I think you need to re-read everything that you just wrote.

What you wrote sounded harsh, judgmental, and shallow.

And no I don't have a boyfriend like this.. nor do I have a boyfriend, nor have I ever had a boyfriend.

But I wouldn't date someone like you.. who thinks they are better than others and puts others down.

• Well I guess getting at two things here or three. First is guys who are unattractive and have no life. Second, guys that are abusive. Not just bad guys, bur abusive. And third, why do girls stay in relationships where they are not happy? And no I don't think I'm better than others, I'm just myself. I'm not a shallow person and not trying to be shallow. Its just a guy thing between guys, we tend to think we re more popular with women than each other. Its just a confidence thing.

• Pretty girls can be white trash too.

A lot of guys, especially "nice guys," forget that having a pretty face doesn't mean anything about a girl than just that. It doesn't mean that she doesn't consider that she may drink/do drugs, have grown up seeing a negligent or abusive father (and therefore consider warped things to be normal), be dumb, etc.

• Very very good point. Never thought it that way. But, I mean I've been friends with girls who have dated guys like this. And they were good people and did deserve better, although I'm guilty of judging a girl as a nice person just because of a pretty face a few times. Thing is when somebody who did have a rough upbringing, etc etc...when they end up with someone who treats them good, why do they act abusive and end up dumping that personfor someone abusive? I would be happy that I respected.

• Yeah ... it's weird. I've read quite a bit about it trying to overcome some of my own issues and also in books related to business. I'd imagine this girl has some kind of traumatic past ... before she's going to be able to have a healthy relationship with another person, she has to learn how to overcome her personal issues. It's frustrating, if you care about someone, to see them do that ... but it's the only way it really works. Try looking for girls who seem stable & value your good traits

• Yeah I tried really really hard to help her. And I thought I did. I wasn't telling her to dump her ex because I wanted to get with her but for her own good because I cared about her. Us getting together was a thing that just kind of happened. But when she dumped me for a jerk, I was shocked after things were so great. I thought she would really appreciate being treated well after being treated so bad. I like being a good guy and find happiness in making others happy.

• Some people are desperate for love and affection.

• Yeah but this one girl I liked her and she seemed to like me. But, chose this loser over me. Maybe I needed to show that I wanted a relationship with her

And she thought I didint like her...idk

• Yes maybe.

What Guys Said 7

• girls only care about looks

• Not true at all. Men are more into looks in women. Women are more into personality. I've seen girls date ugly and otherwise unattractive guys and I don't get it.

• Great question. But whenever I try to ask this, there's a female user or two who claims that they must have something going for them and are a far better catch than me.

Of course, that implicitly assumes the females are making sound judgments 100% of the time. Which they aren't. As you've pointed out, I've seen girls stay in abusive relationships with ugly men who have no job and smell like sh*t.

• Yeah and a whole situation that screams gross. Apperently I'm the definitions of a "perfect guy " a couple girls have told me because I balance out being a mice guy who is caring and affectionate, but also someone who is fun to be around and attractive. But yet this happens. I can only rationalize it several ways. 1. They want a guy with flaws. Meaning they find flaws attractive. 2. Theyre making poor decisions 3. They re not used to being with a guy that treats them well and its too much

• I have been asking myself this question since I was in high school. Still haven't been able to figure it out. Girls are just, insane.

• I feel you bro. I really hope someday I can find a girl who is not insane and doesn't act irrational. Its not so much confidence in myself but confidence in the female population. However, I am confident that there are amazing women oyt there, but trouble is a lot of them are already taken.

• He has a large penis

• So do I. But I would hope that at least some of the female population are not that shallow.

• You'd be surprised lol

• I don't have a problem with that. But, still if a girl bases her reason for liking me on that, I would not date her. Just like women aren't objects, men aren't either. They talk about objectification of women, well what about the objectification of men that goes on? You hear women saying "i don't care or have remorse for any person that has a d***". Wtf? Either way its not right. We re all people.

• It's not just white trash.

Anyway, you'll have better luck when they have a couple of kids and need a stable partner.

• Are you saying because some girls are being young and stupid and like the drama and guys who treat them bad. But they come around and want a guy who treats them good and is stable? I can attest to that. But, not all girls are the same and some are smart and want guys who are respectable and treat them well. When a lot of girls who are immature and think every guy who even just a little bit nice to them boring.

• I don't think it matters that they are young. I think most girls like that kind of thing and realize at a certain age and with certain baggage that she needs to settle with someone before it's too late. That does not mean they don't still want those kinds of guys.

• Lol well I try explain this to girls. And they agree but yet continue to date less than desirable guys. I don't understand at all why someone would want to be with someone who treated them bad or was abusive. As a guy, as far as I see it, I don't want to waste my time with abusive girlfriends. I want a nice girl and to settle down even though I'm still young. But that doesn't mean it has to be rushed along.

• Have you seen his d***?

• No

• Right, but it was relevant to your question.

• True

• because girls are not picky ?