Not into social justice anymore.

So in high school I was into social justice and going into college I started working (still do) in the diversity center. But some of these people are very strange and very far left. I am a half black half white socially liberal (so I thought) but these people are crazy. I had one of the student managers say everyone should be open to dating all sexes. So that means gays and straights are bigots because they don't date everyone. Then I had someone say straight men should wear dresses. Which you can if you want but they wanted straight men as a whole to wear dresses. I have many other examples like this. This kind of makes me not want to be involved in social justice at school anymore. Any advice thoughts? don't know what to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Remember that it's usually the most radical people who get the most attention. Maybe you could focus on a specific area of social justice that interests you. That's a pretty broad category. Also, realize that most young people have really extreme ideas until they get older, when their ideas tend to mellow out. People are still playing with ideologies to see what really makes sense to them.

What Girls Said 2

• silly monkies... can't you see we are all crazy? What's the meaning of any of this?

• So because you've met weird people with idiotic ideas, you now don't support social justice anymore? Yeah, sounds very logical.

What Guys Said 2

• People into social justice are like that, its good that you don't want to be involved with crazies anymore

• But it's not good that he doesn't want to support social justice anymore, don't you think?

• People tend to be more liberal in college.