What would you consider a cheapskate date?

I asked a friend of mine out and she said yes :D. Now I know that she wouldn't mind going anywhere as long as it's with me, but what are the no no's when it comes to date activities

Most Helpful Girl

• I am pretty casual and low-maintenance. My idea of a great date is good conversation and a cup of coffee or lunch in a moderately priced restaurant and a walk in the park. I usually like homemade dinners at my place or his, plus it's a much more relaxed and intimate setting. But what ever you do, don't ask her back to your place for a "drink" then take her to your parent's backyard and whip out a forty-ounce of cheap malt liquor and take turns swigging off of it. My best friend had this happen to her and I am pretty sure this was the "mother" of all the cheapest dates you can think of.

What Girls Said 17

• It doesn't matter to me. I would prefer no fast food on the first date, but the date is more about spending time together than the activity. :) The best first date I had was when I started dating my guy friend... we watched funny Youtube videos at his house for a couple hours, then went to Applebees (where I got chicken fingers, like a kid haha), then met up with his friends and played some Wii.

• Blow her mind by actually thinking about her and what she wants to do. It's not the money that matters. Don't ask her to pay for dinner, but you don't need to go to a really expensive place either. What really gets girls is when you put in an effort. What does SHE enjoy?

• Ok there are a ton of different girls with lots of differen tastes. I believe only you would know what would be suitable for her since you were originally friends.

For the most part it's considered a no no to take her to fast food like McDonald's, but if she's uncomfortable at sit-downs or used to fast food, break tradition and take her to Chipoltle or something.

A low cost date would be having a movie night at your place and making spaghetti or diner together.

The most important thing is to think about what she likes, and what you would both enjoy.

• I don't mind almost anywhere me and my boyfriend go, but I'm not a high maitenence girl as long as were together. It depends on your relationship if your friends it doesn't matter. If your trying to impress a nice dinner and drinks. My boyfriend still takes me to a nice dinner though we both love to eat good food.

• I had a guy take me for an OJ at Maccas. It was the first time I was meeting him in person and when he came to pick me up he didn't even get out of his car to identify himself. I had to call him on his phone and ask him which car was his. After the date he said "I'll pay this time, next time it's your turn" It was our first date and our last. I still owe him $2.25. I feel quite bad about it actually ;-)

• Fast food or asking her over for video games and chips would probably be the worst things I can think of. With friends it's obviously a little more relaxed than someone you have to impress for the first time because she already knows she's into you. But you should still take her somewhere at least moderately priced and don't restrict the price of her order (though most girls would be nice and try to order something inexpensive anyway).

• What would you consider a cheapskate date?

Anything less than $200

• Are you serious

• @QA

To clarify those aren't cheapskate ideas for dates to me. Egh I was trying to put your ideas (movies, bowling, etc) are cheapskate ideas to me and those I listed aren't what I consider cheapskate ideas.

• Alright then. Thanks for your contribution

• It's not the price of the food and drinks but it's how the guy approaches it... does he want to treat you or is causing him stress to pay for your meal? There's always something behind the psychology of a cheapskate... Just watch his attitude around all of this.

• don't take her out for fast food, don't make her pay.

• Look I don't mind where he takes me or what we do as long as we have a connection because I am not vain enough for people to spend their money on me as I have a well paying job and can buy anything that I darn well want.

What I think would be a cheap skate date would be the guy getting me to pay for himself for EVERYTHING. Now I don't mind coming out of pocket but come out of pocket for me sometimes too.

• Make sure it s quiet place where you can get to know one another. Sounds like she is interested in you. Best of luck to you.

• me and my boyfriend like to splurge sometimes but wer both cheap so I say wer reasonable dates lol

• Don't take her to any fast-food joint that's a big no no for me.

• no date at all... any date is nice!

• What do I consider a cheapskate date?

A gas station hot dog, haha!

Times are hard for a lot of people these days. I'd be perfectly happy with a cheap date as long as it's somewhat sweet, original or romantic. I dated one man who didn't have much, ams we had a wonderful time cooking together and staying in, watching movies or playing games.

• Taking her somewhere , The only thing she can order are 1.00 value meals .

• I wouldn't recommend going somewhere like McDonald's for dinner. And when it comes time to pay the bill don't be all like "Oh I forgot my wallet. You can pay, right?"

But those would be the only two things that would be a negative in my mind.

What Guys Said 0