Is it really helpful hair gel when it comes to date girls?

Ifyou type on Google Images a male celebrity name that is considered hot, you see these guys with their hair full of gel, and for some reason most of them make their hair go up.

I was wondering if this has any impact in dating girls, I know that for us guys, if a girl make her hair beautiful, her value goes up. But girls are different, they care more about personality, so it makes me doubt.

I had always cut my hair very short so I never had the need for hair gel, sometimes I think it can make it fall off. But considering my lack of success in finding dates I was wondering if this could help me or not

• It doesn't help
  • Do it, you will be more likely to get a date
We the idea I guess is not to look necessarily physically more attractive, but look more sociallly cool. I don't know if you get what I mean. Sometimes I think the buzz cut may make me look presentable, but not nevessarily socially cool.

Most Helpful Girl

• It could. However, as long as you aren't bald, you are attractive enough.

What Girls Said 7

• You have to know how to use it correctly. If you don't, it will look stupid rather than good.

• Honestly, we'd only notice if a guy had hair g if he had too much of it in his hair. So not important

• well my point is not the hair gel per se, but the styles you can makie with it, specially those that make your hair go up as most hollywood actors.

• honestly that style has never attracted me

• what would you say about the majority of your female friends? in terms of majority, which do you think is the best way to go in terms of number? I mean there should be a reason why ALL of them in Hollywood use it.

• I don't think I've ever looked at a guy and thought "ooooh, nice hair gel"..

• me and my friend were just talking about how ugly this looks on guys... don't believe everything you read online... well including what I say.. lol, just do what you like!

• some guys look sexy in gel for sure. but it only looks good on some people. I doubt it will significantly impact your dating life.

• I don't like that much hair on guys. I like guys with buzz cuts or bald men

Hair gel is weird

• It depends on your facial structure. Having a hairstyle that suits you is the important thing.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it has anything to do with the hair gel in and of itself. If your hair looks like sh*t without it, you should wear it it, if it looks fine without it, then I would avoid it.

It's preferred you don't wear gel so they can run their hand through your hair and not have it be all sticky and crusty, but some people just really needed it. I know when my hair gets long, I need it because my hair is super thick that it just looks all messy.

• Not necessarily, but if you look better with hair gel, use it. I definitely do. I look 12 with a buzz cut, hahahah. If you've never tried having longer hair, you might wanna try it out, and use some sort of hair product on it and see how you like it.

For example, this guy's hair looks pretty good gelled up. link

Then again, if you look like this with a buzz cut, you're all good. link