Are you grossed out Asian food?

I have never dated a non asian, just because I never been in that situation... I was just curious as to if non Asian girls saw what we eat on the other side of the world, and how would you react? Would you still date us even though you think our food is gross, or would you dig in? I'm talking about like fear factor like foods, or in china, snack street in beijing I think they call it...

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of it is gross, yes. By some of it, I mean the authentic stuff, not the crap found in Chinese restaurants here.

I'm Hispanic so we eat some weird things too, like cow tongue, tripe, cow brains and a few other organ like things. But I could never get myself to try balut. Other stuff I could never eat is dog and monkey brains. I know monkey brains is expensive and not all Orientals eat dog, but my roommates family does and I have a few friends from the Philippines whose families eat it over there.

I'm more turned off by Indian food than eastern Asian cuisine. The spices are strong and the food all tastes the same,to me at least.

What Girls Said 11

• I live in Japan and have tried many weird foods since moving here. Some of it has surprised me and been very good. Some of it has been as disgusting as I anticipated it would be. No matter what a person's taste buds may enjoy that wouldn't be a factor in whether or not I wanted to date them, and I would give just about anything a chance before condemning it.

• I have never dated a non-Asian before either, and food has never stopped me in the past. Even though I'm extremely picky, all my exes and my current boyfriend have been okay with it. I guess I got lucky since my boyfriend is a Japanese/Korean mix and I love Japanese and Korean food.

• I always love trying new things and that includes food so I would definitely try it.

• No

• nah I love Asian food! :D

• No

• No I like Asian food

• No Asian food is delicious

• No I like Asian food

• Nope I like Asian food

• I don't like it, but I'm a picky eater and a minority. Most people I know love Asian food.

What Guys Said 4

• I find scallops gross and won't touch fugu. Most everything else, I'm willing to try at least once. Probably not cat or dog meat though. I do have standards.

The World Buffet, across from the Lansing Mall, is one of my favorite restaurants. The sushi there isn't quite what it could be, but most everything else there is pretty tasty as far as Asian food is concerned. Dessert selections could be better. It's very similar to Old Country Buffet, just for reference.

• Asian food to me is just like any other food. There will be some things I will like and others I won't. There are dishes that I don't like from American cuisine. So it's not a particular culture's food that grosses me out as much as specific dishes. I tend to be extremely particular about food so if it doesn't look or smell right, chances are I'm most likely not eating it.

• why would food play a part in who they date? it's a cultural thing not an individual thing.

• Dude really I have tons of Asian women. Nothing gross them out. Balut a baby duck steamed inside the egg. It's 18 days in growth. They are so delicious.