Texting conversations slowly dieing.. bad sign or over thinking?

Me and this girl, both 18 in HS, met, and got along well. She initially rejected me a couple months ago and gave me the "Just be friends" speech. However we've been texting every day since then, getting closer as friends, texting as much as 150+ texts a day(both of us combined), and according to my mutual female friends she's supposedely developing feelings for me.

Now a days though our conversations are slowly dieing, to the point where she replies with "k" when I ask her to do a simple request for me. She WILL pick up the convo later though

Idk am I over thinking it? The past couple days we've only texted back and forth 40 times, combined, per day, when we used to do 150+ per day.

I just feel like maybe there's no true chemistry and we werent meant for each other? Or again I'm worrying too much LOL

• Bad sign
  • Over thinking

Most Helpful Girl

• You're probably over-thinking it.

People's text habits are temperamental sometimes, it may have nothing to do with you.

If she's picking up the conversation later, you're probably fine. Everyone goes through little phases of not being sure what to say to each other. Try keeping the conversations fresh and interesting.

What Girls Said 5

• To me, you really can't tell. It could be you're over thinking it just as much as she's no longer interested in you. Things come up and people get distracted which naturally would lead to them being on their phone less. Only time will tell.

Don't go by how much you used to text and compare, you'll never get a reliable reading from that. Seeing and talking to that person really MAKES the conversation and relationship, you will never been on the same level when texting or calling someone.

• She told you no already. She probably sees that you're getting your hopes up and doesn't want you to so is distancing herself.

• I have gone through something like this too. Sometimes there just isn't much to say. I think you may be over thinking it. Unless she gives you signs that she is not interested in you or texting you, then I wouldn't worry about it.

• If she initiates texts that means she wants to talk to you, if she suddenly stops answering to many texts then that's a bad sign. Maybe she's busy in her life in general and has less time to text! I don't think you should worry.

• I think that she's not interested...

What Guys Said 4

• Your screwed. You texted her too much and coming off as desperate. At the end of the day she feels the same about you and now your makong yourself unattractive as even just a friend. Dissapear awhile, ignore her texts a couple times and see what happens. But, probably where this is headed is breaking you off as a friend and you won't hear much from her anymore. I know she's texting you, but she is just trying to be nice. I don't know why girls do this man. But, many times once they become disinterested, they're disinterested for good. Only thing you can do then is move on to someone else and not act so desperate and clingy next time.

• She's distracted with things more interesting

Find a new topic (bait) that she can't resist

then work some associated event into a date

• Over txting yo, you should only text to have a short convorsation (with a meaning) or to make plans... you done screwed the pouch if you text her till she is bored.

• Perhaps she's running out of stuff to say xD