Why do exes still call when they are the ones who ended it?

OK, so my ex and I have been broken up for over a year. He did the breaking. Since last summer he has managed to call or text about every month to tell me he can't get me out of his mind and it's driving him crazy. He has a girlfriend now and is not asking me out on dates he just wants to see me. He showed up last week in the city I live in and that very night was seen out with his girlfriend. He truly broke my heart and I am wondering why is he even bothering with contacting me now. I told him to please just leave me alone that I wasn't the girl he comes to when he gets bored. I have told him this plenty of times but he always seems to come back a few months later. I don't get it!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would suggest just not answering the phone when he calls or block his number. I don't know you but most women only answer calls from an ex they claim not to want anything to do with if they are just trying to convince themselves. Think about it If you really want nothing to do with him, then why bother answering his calls or texts. If ignoring him does not work change your number then he will not be able to contact yo unless you give him the new number. I had a simuler problem and I just told him to leave me alone, that he messed it up not me and I was not a booty call or a shoulder to cry on when something does not go the way he wants it. That he sould have made better judgement before breaking it off with me and he needs to get on with the choice he made, and leave me out of it.

• All very true! It would be easier if he just never contacted me from the beginning of the break up instead of dangling me around...Thank you for ur insite!

• Your welcome. Just remember you are a strong women and you need to show him that you do not want or need him around.

What Guys Said 2

• He only comes back because you let him. Do not deny that. Block his number, and resolve to stop letting him contact you. Most guys stay friends with an ex for safety, as is to keep you as a closet hanger or for easier relations later.

• guys/girls love the attention that other give them and he's trying to get that from you.

tell him not to contact you anymore and the stop responding to his calls/txt.

• He is older than me but seems to like playing games still..he can't have his cake and eat it too..thanks for the comment

What Girls Said 1

• oh my gosh, I'm in that situation right now. I'm about to visit my hometown next week and my ex got ahold of me wanting to meet up and catch up on things. but get this, he recently got engaged! I know! and he has the balls offering me to stay at his place during my stay of vacation when he has a fiance in the other room.. I don't think so. so basically my answer to your question is that GUYS do feel BORED with what they have now and TRULY miss what they HAD before, that is... with US. just know that no matter what, they can't f*ck with us women & not toy us around like yo yos. you need to let him know that sweetie.